Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman

Article about: I have been on the hunt for my first and most likely only DKiG (without case) for a while, waiting for just the right one. So here it is. A great worn, albeit ordinary C.F. Zimmerman (20) li

MAP
    ?

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman

I have been on the hunt for my first and most likely only DKiG (without case) for a while, waiting for just the right one.

So here it is. A nice worn, albeit ordinary C.F. Zimmerman (20) lite in very good condition and great patina. The pictures really hide the patina which is a shame.

Has the correct die flaw and weight 44/45 grams. The swastika enamel has no chips and the silver backing just minor scratching.

And there was a bit of a surprise that I only found out post the purchase. The seller had a copy of the original award document. I am trying to see if I can get the original to pair them back up. A shame they were separated.

If all true, this was awarded to Leutnant d.R. Weber 9. / Gr. Rgt. 467 on April 24, 1943

Hope you enjoy it!

Michael

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. ZimmermanDeutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman
    Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. ZimmermanDeutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman
    Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman
    Last edited by MAP; 06-28-2016 at 02:25 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman
    P
    Many

Nice one Michael! It's great to see the new macro lens is giving good service, if only all the pic's on some threads were as clear as this and carefully framed and angled to show every point that needs addressing to confirm originality or not. This is a textbook photographic layout that makes it a breeze rather than having to faff around trying to give a definitive answer as to whether a very expensive and often faked award is genuine or not.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Congrats Michael - it's a beautiful award.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Congrats Michael - it's a beautiful award.........!
    Thanks Steve. Yes. These are beautiful. Have always wanted one and with some great counseling to have patience (ahem...thanks Ned) a great one at an even better price turned up. Was lucky to be first in line to make an offer. It would have gone in a flash.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Nice one Michael! It's great to see the new macro lens is giving good service, if only all the pic's on some threads were as clear as this and carefully framed and angled to show every point that needs addressing to confirm originality or not. This is a textbook photographic layout that makes it a breeze rather than having to faff around trying to give a definitive answer as to whether a very expensive and often faked award is genuine or not.
    Thanks Ned. I'm learning. Still working out the kinks with the lens. These lenses are so sensitive that just a millimeter in height throws off the focus.

But I really do enjoy putting together a nice presentation both for myself and for others to be used as a reference tool! And seeing high quality photography from the likes of you, Douglas, Geoff, Rossi, et al, just makes me want to do better.

And I couldn't agree with you more on the merits of clear pictures when asking for an evaluation! Hint Hint guys!!! I know my eyes are not getting any better.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Really nice friend. I love the provenance.

Good one Michael. I have dreamed of owning one of these awards but the prices don't allow it

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    if only all the pic's on some threads were as clear as this and carefully framed and angled to show every point that needs addressing to confirm originality or not
    So true.

Nice light, red backup, nice focus for a beautiful piece.
    An enchantment for eyes.
    Thanks for sharing.

A DKiG in issued and worn condition and includes the Award Document? Very well done, indeed!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

very nice example.

MAP
    ?

Thank you gentleman!

Todd, if you are patient a Zimmerman "Lite" can be found for the price of a nice helmet.

Steve/William: unfortunately the original award document was split up and sold separately when the gentleman I bought this from purchased it a few years back. But at least he was able to procure and give me the high quality scan of the original. If true, and have no reason to doubt the seller it is nice to know the provenance. It would be nice if I could navigate the Lexicon Der Wehrmacht and learn more about this unit and what battle it was engaged in during this time period.

M

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast