Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman

Article about: I have been on the hunt for my first and most likely only DKiG (without case) for a while, waiting for just the right one. So here it is. A great worn, albeit ordinary C.F. Zimmerman (20) li

Very nice Micheal. Congrats!

Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman
    P
    Many

VERY beautiful example. I don't know why I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Well, I can think of one rea$on.

Superb!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Very nice and in a very collectable condition too. Neither minty nor knackered, just right!

MAP
    ?

Again..thank you guys.

Ade: I never would have had the confidence to buy one of these without this WRF and the great people here.

Glenn: Spot on. Exactly my reasons for buying this one.

SeventyEighth: patience...if you look hard enough you can find one for a very nice price. Just need to be ready to jump when you spot it.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

A very nice piece . Congrats!!!!
    Awesome pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    A very nice piece . Congrats!!!!
    Awesome pic's
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil. A little better every time.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

So...tried to do a bit of digging/research on our recipient. I'm a novice at this so my facts could be off...so would like any and all help please.

What I know..his name is Hugo Weber. A reserve Lieutenant of the 9th battalion, 467 Grenedier Regiment of the 267 Infantry Division.

At this time they were attached to Army Group Center, 4th Army, XLV Corp in the "Fun-Demyansk" area in Jan 43 until July 43 (Lex der Wehrmacht)

I know Demyansk but not what / where "Fun" is.

It does not appear that the 267 Division was part of the Demyansk pocket (trapped in the pocket were the 12th, 30th, 32nd, 123rd and 290th infantry divisions, and the SS Division Totenkopf - from Wiki).

He was awarded this in April 43 and assumed it took a while for paperwork to be processed. So while the Soviets did not wrap up the battle for Demyansk until March/April 43. Is it possible that his unit was involved in this fighting?

Does anyone have any more info or can correct my poor attempt? Would love the help so I could put more of the story together.

Thanks

Michael

?

Well done Michael! What a nice acquisition for you. Love it!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Well done Michael! What a nice acquisition for you. Love it!
    Thanks Kirk. Needless to say I'm pretty stoked!

Now just to find out more about this soldier and the what/where/when/how.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast