Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman

Article about: I have been on the hunt for my first and most likely only DKiG (without case) for a while, waiting for just the right one. So here it is. A great worn, albeit ordinary C.F. Zimmerman (20) li

Nice award doc for Hugo Weber. Not sure if I pasted correctly, but we shall see.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - C.F. Zimmerman
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by 24th Panzer Division View Post
    Nice award doc for Hugo Weber. Not sure if I pasted correctly, but we shall see.
    Is this something you own? Or do you know who does?

I only have a facsimile photo of the award (see first post). The award and doc were unfortunately split up before I bought this. I would like to reunite them.

Regards,

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That would be awesome if you could bring these together!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post

Semper Fi
    Phil
    No kidding. I'm hoping!!!

It would only be right

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Is this something you own? Or do you know who does?

I only have a facsimile photo of the award (see first post). The award and doc were unfortunately split up before I bought this. I would like to reunite them.

Regards,

M
    Heh heh, no. I thought you were the lucky owner. I have no DKiG award docs yet, but would like having to get a couple sometime. I am hoping that the same seller whom I got Hans Augustins Krim from, will also have his DKiG doc.

MAP
    ?

I just own the DKiG, not the award doc. Like I noted above it was split up for profit unfortunately.

Quote by AZPhil View Post

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I would like to see anyone bring them together, just as long as they are properly cared for and by those who care to share and also add to the history. I am about to get married, so my funds are cut to zilch for now on these things.

Quote by MAP View Post
    I just own the DKiG, not the award doc. Like I noted above it was split up for profit unfortunately.
    I tried to save two great collections years back. One was to General Hoyt Vanderbilt-and 99% here have never seen anything like what his collection contained. Unfortunately, it was ripped apart. Talk about just the autographed photos alone-was valued at about $100,000 dollars and this was about 15 years ago. Many shots and signatures included Patton, Ike, Bradley and the list goes on and on and on. The rest of the collection was valued at about $2,500,000-in weapons, uniforms and I cannot remember what else? Also had US Civil War militaria including forage caps-as im guessing the general collected US Civil War items-both Union and Confederate, Spanish-American War items, WWI-you name it. Sadly, it was split into God knows how many pieces. I had a friend who offered them about two million for the entire collection, they never even replied. Another that was destroyed-but by an individual-was a great collection belonging to Major Baron Peter von Le Fort-who was a DKiG Recipient-was also in the 36 Olympics. I managed to rescue about 30 pictures from his album-but that was it. The seller didnt care and ripped what he had of this man's estate apart. I managed to get the official German Army Radio report of an action that also included his mention in dispatches.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3