Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold by Deschler?

Article about: I have this DRK Gold marked 1 for Deschler if memory serves me correct. What do you guys think?

Default Deutsches Kreuz in Gold by Deschler?

I have this DRK Gold marked 1 for Deschler if memory serves me correct. What do you guys think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz in Gold by Deschler?
    P
    Many

Default Deschler cross

Here are the pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Kreuz in Gold by Deschler?   Deutsches Kreuz in Gold by Deschler?  

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold by Deschler?   Deutsches Kreuz in Gold by Deschler?  

Deutsches Kreuz in Gold by Deschler?  

It's bad news again HC.

This is purporting to be a late Deschler 4 rivet 'light' cross. There are many problems with it though.

Deschler NEVER used hollow rivets at anytime during the awards production, they should be solid round headed types.

The hinge is also incorrect, and is placed too low on the reverse as to be almost touching the top rivet, there should be a significant gap.

The MM is not one of the accepted 3 different types the company were known to use on this award.

The wreath is of a design never used by Deschler, there are many differences including the date design and lack of the 9 notches below the date that are always there on originals.

The black rays are very poorly made with a rough and flawed finish. Note the area between 5 and 6 o'clock as an example of this.

The silver starburst backplate (which should be cupal, but I can't tell with these pictures) is a crude pressing with sharp, burred edges and 'flash' present. The tips are angular and not rounded nicely, showing little or no hand finishing.

There are also other details that are wrong, but it makes no odds, as the cross is completely bogus i'm afraid. A costly mistake that if you have recourse, should be addressed asap.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Sorry, but I must agree with Ned.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ned Does know his DKiG's, HC...sorry......
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I really appreciate the information Ned. I have to admit this piece is alot different from the Zimmerman I have.
    the weight is off along with numerous other variables.

Well Ned, I just corresponded with the fellow I got the cross from, and he is rather "pissed". Thank you
    for arming me with the information needed. I do not for see me dealing with this fellow again. He is none too happy!

Hi HC,

Have you posted your Zimmermann yet? It might be as well to give it the once over under the circumstances, or if you already have, a linky would help.

As regards the bogus Deschler here, the weight and measurments for it should be those given below, or very close to:

Height (mm) 63.4

Width (mm) 63.4

Weight (gr) 54.9

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Well Ned, I just corresponded with the fellow I got the cross from, and he is rather "pissed". Thank you
    for arming me with the information needed. I do not for see me dealing with this fellow again. He is none too happy!
    All that matters is you now get your money back. Is that a possibility? Pissed or not, he's still taken your money under false pretences.

No unfortunately I will not be able to get my money back. I bought it roughly a month ago. I can post the Zimmerman this evening. Its good though I had it checked out 2 yrs ago when purchased.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast