Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutsches Kreuz im Gold Cloth version

Article about: Hi guys, have seen this one is for sale. Not sure if this german cross in gold, cloth version is ok or not. Could you give it your best try and tell me what do you think about this item?, ma

Default Deutsches Kreuz im Gold Cloth version

Hi guys, have seen this one is for sale. Not sure if this german cross in gold, cloth version is ok or not. Could you please let me know what do you think about this item?, many thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Kreuz im Gold Cloth version   Deutsches Kreuz im Gold Cloth version  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Kreuz im Gold Cloth version
    P
    Many

Have asked for more pictures, but got this kind of close up from the wreath
    Attached Images Attached Images Deutsches Kreuz im Gold Cloth version  Deutsches Kreuz im Gold Cloth version 

Yes, I am sure that is a good one Juan.
    Pictures are not the best I don't see any problems.
    Backing behind the swastika looks a little peculiar but that may just be a variation of manufacturer.
    I'll see if I can find some pictures of the ones that I have (may be on my home computer rather than here)

All the best
    Doug

Hi Juan, I would pass on it.

Take a look at the wreath around the date.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is a well made and well known fake, avoid.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Mmmm...I don't know what you can see from the pictures Ade. They are a bit too small and not enough detail for me to make a good judgement but the overall construction looks okay.
    Anyway I have pictures of 4 of mine here in work:

Here is a silver:

Deutsches Kreuz im Gold Cloth versionDeutsches Kreuz im Gold Cloth version

Army Cloth

Luftwaffe:

Moth Eaten:

At least it will give you some idea what to look for Juan.
    If you need any more I think I have another couple at home.

All the best
    Doug

Thanks Doug, no worries mate, I appreciate your help and interest. Bloody fakes, there is no end to it. I have requested good quality pictures to the seller which I will post, just want to make sure that the analysis is conducted with good pictures and not these cra**y ones

As for now, this stays stand still, following Ade s and Ned s good advice

Ok Ned, that is interesting, If this badge was sold as a fake, how much would it be? The reason why I ask is because, the seller sells this one at 170 Euros, and I have seen these ones, good ones sold at over 400 Euros, well if this one was a fake, maybe for free I would get it but the seller paying the posting cost. Once I get pictures, I will post them

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Thanks Doug, no worries mate, I appreciate your help and interest. Bloody fakes, there is no end to it. I have requested good quality pictures to the seller which I will post, just want to make sure that the analysis is conducted with good pictures and not these cra**y ones

As for now, this stays stand still, following Ade s and Ned s good advice
    You need good clear close ups straight on of the wreath, especially the date which should be at the bottom of the pic's supplied. There was very little deviation in the construction of the cloth crosses, yet this has a lot that are not atypical. The rounded corners of the swastika, the silver thread that highlights it appears not to be tacked down on the corners as originals are (see Doug's photo's) but are continuous, the black infill stitching of the swastika is not a match, neither is the white backing cloth that resembles corduroy, and the grey stitching of the starburst, all these things are not usually found singly, never mind altogether. Good photo's of the wreath will seal it's fate I think, and I also think the vendor knows it....

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by jamoros View Post
    If this badge was sold as a fake, how much would it be?
    They are available from less than £15 upwards to around £40.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast