Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.

Article about: Purchased over weekend; complete with ribbon and envelope. Medal is not the copper/brass colored one; I always thought these were worn off finish but this one appears original finish.

Quote by josephc View Post
    looked at ribbon with uv and it does appear to glow compared to another medal/ribbon I have - so how do these sets come to be with original medal and packet but a fake? ribbon?
    The ribbon on the copper medal actually came with the zinc one next to it.
    Most of the time the ribbon is replaced because the originals get lost or in to bad a shape.
    So a collecter replaces it with a modern one, im sure this is whats happened.
    It does not de value the medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen.
    P
    Many

Quote by josephc View Post
    looked at ribbon with uv and it does appear to glow compared to another medal/ribbon I have - so how do these sets come to be with original medal and packet but a fake? ribbon?
    The ribbon on the copper medal actually came with the zinc one next to it.
    Mine glows, too, and I acquired mine through a vets family, at least that's what I was lead to believe. Could it be possible our examples and examples alike are just washed with modern day cleaner? Or something else similar to said theory, possibly the "late war" ribbons glow?

Add: I theorize this due to my ribbon appears well worn and Not replaced. It displays the correct patina one would expect to see in a original, and even has to holes at the top which appear to be where the original owner used a pin to attach it to his shirt.

?

You could also snip off that loose thread and try the burn test. If it burns to ash it's likely to be original, if it melts then it's modern.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2