Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Deutsches Sportabzeichen

Article about: by HPL2008 It's not just the missing Swastika, actually; it's the letters: Imperial/Weimar/Third Reich-era: DRA = First version (up to ca. 1934/35) DRL = Second version (ca. 1934/35 to 1937)

ado
    ?

Default Deutsches Sportabzeichen

Is this original Gold Sports Badge?
    Thank You, Ado
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Sportabzeichen   Deutsches Sportabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutsches Sportabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default re: Deutsches Sportabzeichen

It's the post-war version of Sports Badge; notice the letters "DSA" [= Deutsches Sportabzeichen] instead of the 3rd-Reich era's "DRA" (1st model) or later "DRL" (2nd model).

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    It's the post-war version of Sports Badge; notice the letters "DSA" [= Deutsches Sportabzeichen] instead of the 3rd-Reich era's "DRA" (1st model) or later "DRL" (2nd model).
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Ado, I don't think these would be copied.

Did you think it was Third Reich in era? If so, you need to buy some reference books. Sorry to harp on about this, but without decent books, no one will get anywhere in the collecting field.

Cheers, Ade.

Very true, I spent $600 last month on reference books. Already they helped me purchase a first style JFS close combat clasp in bronze when I didn't know that JFS even made an early and a late version. You can't have too much information!

ado
    ?

My fault, it was for sale in my area so i rushed without noticing that it's mising Swastika, i have planty of reference books but there is nothing better when other members can confirm that you have original item in your possesion!

Thanks to all those who have reply to this thread, ado

Quote by ado View Post
    My fault, it was for sale in my area so i rushed without noticing that it's mising Swastika, i have planty of reference books but there is nothing better when other members can confirm that you have original item in your possesion!
    It's not just the missing Swastika, actually; it's the letters:

Imperial/Weimar/Third Reich-era:
    DRA = First version (up to ca. 1934/35)
    DRL = Second version (ca. 1934/35 to 1937)
    DRL + Swastika = Third version (1937 to 1945)

Federal Republic of Germany:
    DSA = Early Post-war version used in some German states (1950s)
    DSB = Later, official version (1950s - 2006)
    DOSB = Current version (2007 - )

Comparison of the first and third version (Bronze grade):
    Attachment 194812

Some more information on the post-war versions (German language):

Das Deutsche Sportabzeichen (alter Art) | Ordensmuseum.de
    Deutsches Sportabzeichen

Thanks HPL2008 for that information on the Sports Badge varients, most informative....above, we have seen, first, third and fourth versions, so heres a 5th version DSB by Steinhauer & Luck, currently attached/displayed on a 1970's Bundeswehr walking out tunic, in my BW collection. Anybody got the second and sixth versions to show ?
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deutsches Sportabzeichen  

I don't own a DRL w/o Swastika or DOSB badge, but allow me to contribute another post-war Sports Badge which might be of interest here.

In addition to the German Sports Badge [Deutsches Sportabzeichen] there is also one state-level equivalent, the Bavarian Sports Achievement Badge [Bayerisches Sport-Leistungsabzeichen, often colloquially referred to as Bayerisches Sportabzeichen]. Unlike the German Sports Badge, it is not recognized as an official decoration and thus may not be worn on Bundeswehr uniforms. It bears the letters "SLA":

Deutsches Sportabzeichen

HPL2008, again, great information, thanks ! this thread should clear up any queries made in the future on the forum regarding this badges history and varients, perhaps Adrian can consider making it a "Sticky" ?
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast