Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 10 Jahre.

Article about: Hi guys, I recently won this NSAP ten years longs service awards with ribbon in a auction for a really good price! It is a bronze medal which measures 43mm and is suspended from a 30mm brown

Question Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 10 Jahre.

Hi guys,

I recently won this NSAP ten years longs service awards with ribbon in a auction for a really good price! It is a bronze medal which measures 43mm and is suspended from a 30mm brown ribbon which has double white stripes on each side. The reverse side inscription was done in raised lettering. I wanted to know how much pourcentage of the finish you guys think the're left on the medal. Thank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 10 Jahre.   Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 10 Jahre.  

Last edited by Adrian; 09-12-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 10 Jahre.
    P
    Many

Not sure on originality - there are plenty of these about these days.
    Someone else here will know for sure.

Could be the lighting or flash, but I'd say 0% - they were finished
    in bronze - this one is completely tombac or brass.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I'd say it the flash as the white is washed out in the ribbon, therefore, it is possible it's washing out the finish. Better pictures will prove helpful.

Walkwolf told that he wasn't sure about the originality, may he be right?

Quote by General View Post
    Walkwolf told that he wasn't sure about the originality, may he be right?
    I am unsure, too, and will not submit a opinion so that I don't give you inaccurate information. Glenn has a example I believe. Search his threads and compare his medal to your example. Make sure to pay close attention to the small details. Personally, I would start with the detailing of the eagle, especially the face and wings.
    Sorry I can't be of more help, but sometimes no advice is better than bad advice, if not all the time.

These came in two versions...Type A is the Two-Piece heavy version, and Type B is the One-piece late-war/light version, which I believe this one is, though the photo can only tell so much...Ribbon appears original as well...
    Just my opinion, of course...
    cheers, Glenn

Ribbon looks OK to me too.

Here is my one piece version for comparison...

Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 10 Jahre.Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 10 Jahre.Dienstauszeichnung der NSDAP 10 Jahre.

Funny enough, Glenn, your eagles face and neck look different than the OP's. wear? Variant? Thanks.

Manufacturer probably, I believe my example is a Wurster and without much better photos the OP's example is currently unknown (even if original)

Manufacturer probably, I believe my example is a Wurster and without much better photos the OP's example is currently unknown (even if original)