Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre.

Article about: Stickgrenade thank you very much, I was scared, that something really dirty and that dirt also highlights more things. thank you very much

Default Re: Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre.

Stickgrenade thank you very much, I was scared, that something really dirty and that dirt also highlights more things.
    thank you very much

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre.
    P
    Many

I was unaware of authentic pieces with a narrow suspension loop like the one that started this thread, all that I have seen have a thick and wide suspension loop. Here is mine; heavy patina.

The cross that started this thread only cost 120 euro? That sounds good to be true!

another for reference:

Army 25 Yrs Long Service Medal

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre.   Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre.  

Looking at the cross i say original the spots between the arms are smooth. No trace of casting is it magnetic?

Only one thing i think the ring loop is solderd back to the medal i see solder to the ring attached to the medal not seen on other piece's i dont like that maye thats why the price was cheap.

Here is mine 25 years notice the spot on the others in this thread they dont got that solder there

?

Looking at the stippling on the arms, you have to say it is very sparse by comparison.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Yes it is but can be different depending on maker. Look at the one posted #12 if you look close there is almost nu stippling left.

I like to see some good sharp front back and inside arm picture's and like to know if its magnetic or not. Maybe a closer shot at the ring and solder to it

What really stands out for me is the difference in the stipple pattern and the fact that the outside edges of the cross section are not beveled down towards the outside as can be seen in Nick's and William's examples.

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre. 

Greetings, I have made new photos so you can see better, I've been looking in hand and grain is the same in all parts of the piece, the only problem is that due to wear and the camera flash is different, but hand is the same throughout the piece.

Not Magnetic, does not stick to the magnet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre.   Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre.  

On the ring narrow at the top, I give an example of a friend of mine, who has a ring similar equally close.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre.  

I'm sorry but I still don't like your medal. If you compare it to eraser's sample it's definitely chalk and cheese. The detail is just not what you would expect.
    The stippling is over exaggerated, but not uniform enough, if you understand what I mean. The edges of the arms do not taper down towards the outside, but are instead flat with an attempt at a taper in places. The ring attachment would have been attached before the final wash was applied to the medal and as such the solder should not be a different colour. Just my opinion, I could, of course, be wrong. I would not be happy with it.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 1.Klasse - 25 Jahre.  

I totally understand what you mean, we are here to learn from each other and never stop learning in this world, fixation, I guess in its day it broke and turned to welding left exposed so ugly that repair.

I put an example equal to mine to see that stippling is equal, this is a fellow WAF (RonR), that as an example when I set mine.

The manufacturer is different between the model and mine show us, I guess that must be the various changes in the details, I show WAF mate is the same as mine, this is like the ugly duckling of this kind of commendation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast