Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Division azul medal

Article about: This is one of my medals I probably know the least about. Basically I am wanting to confirm authenticity before I catalog it into my collection database. Any other opinions or info is of cou

?

Thank you once again for the informative post and pictures !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Division azul medal
    P
    Many

Default A last comment

As the other day we talked a little about the difference between varnished and unvarnished pieces, I would like to end by making a small comment about the medals of the three-piece type and its value.

The true price of things is the one that is paid for it, not the one that seller asks for. So after looking a bit on the net I discovered that in December 2016 and May 2017, two medals of the type "three pieces welded" in silver were sold in Spain for 700 and 750 euros (870 and 930 USD) so its value is somewhat lower than what I said the other day.
    By last I upload some photos of one of them with an explanation of which are the three pieces welded. I particularly like the simpler model that most of us have; it seems much more stylized and proportionate.

Division azul medal

Division azul medal

Division azul medal

Division azul medal

Division azul medal

I also upload some images of ribbon bars belonged to veterans from the Blue Division, that including the ribbon of this medal.

Division azul medal

Second row, first from the left.

Division azul medal

First row, fourth from the left.

Division azul medal

Second row, third from the left.

Best regards.

?

Beautiful ! Thanks for posting.

Cheers, Al.

According to the Spanish regulations about the placement order of the medals on the ribbon bars (as in many other countries) the foreign military awards are placed at the end of the ribbon bar.
    If you notice, in the three ribbon bars, the last decoration is the German Medal for the Spanish Volunteers of the Blue Division (Known in Spain like the ”Anticommunist”. Also in the first and in the third ribbon bars the penultimate ribbon is the Iron Cross 2nd Class (EK2 1939); and in the second ribbon bar the second and the third by the end, are two ribbons of the War Merit Cross 1939 2nd Class (KVK 1939). All this medals are german and therefore foreign for a Spanish soldier. And yet, the medal of the Blue Division, which is Spanish, takes its place among the other Spanish decorations.

Great posts, thank you. That three piece construction medal is also very nice, but a little chubby I would say.
    Best regards,
    Franko

?

This was such an informative thread that I thought I'd repost my latest acquisition here as well. I managed to find an original German issued Blue Division medal with the original ribbon and most of it's gold wash finish. In the pictures below you can see it compared to the zinc medal with a replacement ribbon and the Spanish issued replacement medal.

Division azul medal
    Division azul medalDivision azul medal
    Division azul medal
    Division azul medal
    Division azul medal
    Division azul medal
    Division azul medal

It really is a fantastic collection and contains some absolutely magnificent pieces.
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Default Another ribbon bar with the Blue Division Medal

A new ribbon bar from a veteran of the Spanish Civil War and Blue Division, with the Blue Division medal ribbon. First row, third from the left.

Division azul medal

Best regards to everyone.

Having never purchased one of these before? what do they normally sell for?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast