Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

DKIG with Document Help!!!!!

Article about: Hello all, found this DKIG with document....Not sure on originality, Please could I have some help. I think the certificate is real, but the cross maybe questionable due to the pin? Like i s

Default DKIG with Document Help!!!!!

Hello all, found this DKIG with document....Not sure on originality, Please could I have some help.
    I think the certificate is real, but the cross maybe questionable due to the pin?
    Like i say, im no expert, so help is greatly appreciated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DKIG with Document Help!!!!!
    P
    Many

In my opinion the cross is an indeterminate '57 type, possibly Souval, that has probably had a swastika re-rivetted to it at a later date. It would be interesting to know what the number on the pin is, but whatever, the cross is not genuine as it stands.

The award document is the Heer preliminary type (each service had it's own) that was given to the soldier in the field, and this one is known as the 'Version 3' out of a total of 4 versions presented throughout the awards existence, each are slighly different in wording, print, and signature whether hand signed as early ones were, or facsimilies. The 'Version 3' was always a facsimilie copy of Keitel's signature, and hence was always the same. The signature above bears no resemblance to any of the facsimilies on 'Version 3' preliminary award documents, or on any of the others for that matter, and is therefore IN MY OPINION bogus.

So, all in all, it's junk i'm afraid.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

No Hans Gobel listed as a DKiG Winner and SS-Panzergrenadier-Regiment 5 "Thule" did not receive it's honorific title until Oct 43 and was not a Kradschutzen Regiment , the faker couldn't even get that right , the document is a complete fake !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thank you very much guys, you saved me some cash! I did a little research myself, and i can now see that the document is infact fake.
    There WAS infact a Hans Gobel that received a DKIG on the date on the document, but he was in the 6./SS-Pol.Gren.Rgt. 1 (Thanks to Axis History forum for that). So thats that. Thank you so much again my friends, its truly appreciated!
    On a final note, The Maker mark on the Pin is (Im told) L/58 or L/59

Quote by ColonelVeers View Post
    On a final note, The Maker mark on the Pin is (Im told) L/58 or L/59
    It'll be L/58 for Souval as I inferred, Alois Rettenmeier (L/59) didn't produce DK's at any time. Glad to have been of some help and stick around, you won't go far wrong with the guys here!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes, so I have seen, Thank you!

I think Neds said it all.

Hello there,

IMO, both the cross and the document are reproductions.

William Kramer

Thank you William