Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this DKIG real or fake

Article about: I am assuming its fake because its on Ebay!! Its silver not gold!! Just looking to purchase one and came across this! See link! 100% Original Grand Knights Iron GERMAN CROSS in Silver WW2 Ma

Default Is this DKIG real or fake

I am assuming its fake because its on Ebay!! Its silver not gold!!

Just looking to purchase one and came across this! See link!

100% Original Grand Knights Iron GERMAN CROSS in Silver WW2 Maker "41" Germany | eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this DKIG real or fake
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Is this DKIG real or fake

Sam,
    Can you copy the pics and post them here? When the auction ends or is removed, the link will be dead and render the thread useless because we'll be discussing something we can't see.
    Besides which, I'm at work and eBay is banned so I can't open the link anyway!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

It won't let save the pictures......I wish I could. Here is the posting coments!

On auction is a 100% Guaranteed Original German Cross in Silver.

The front shows the year 1941 and on the rare wide needle of the medal you see "41" which is the

LDO (German medal Licensing marking Code) for Gebrueder Bender, Oberstein Germany.

Gorgous German Cross in Silver. This belongs no doubt to the very rarest awards of WW2!

The "Spiegelei" (fried egg) was awarded far less often than even the knights cross, one of the rarest most sought after and most expensive awards of WW2. The Silver German Cross was awarded even less often than even the Golden German Cross.

CONSIDERING ITS AGE IN Great CONDITION, Needle System fully functional, no deep scratches or dints.

The German Cross was issued in two degrees: gold and silver , the former being an award for bravery, the latter being for distinguished service and was considered a continuation of the War Merit Cross with swords. The German Cross was unique in that the Gold and Silver degrees were considered as separate awards but should not be worn simultaneously.

Very nice condition, obviously old, but no deeper scratches or dints.

please ask all questions before bidding

100% Guaranteed FULL REFUND Original

The medal is the 1957 reissue without the swastika. I do not know if these awards are copied. One can not tell much from the limited images.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Here you go buddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this DKIG real or fake   Is this DKIG real or fake  

Thank you! I tried to right click and it would not copy! Appreciate it!

Sam

?

So is it silver or gold? If it's the silver version it would have a KVK in the centre, not an EK.

It is silver! I am going to pass on it! I don't feel comfortable buying historical items on Ebay! I may post my double decal SS helmet though!! HeHeHe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this DKIG real or fake   Is this DKIG real or fake  

?

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    It is silver! I am going to pass on it! I don't feel comfortable buying historical items on Ebay! I may post my double decal SS helmet though!! HeHeHe
    It definitely can't be a silver DK if it has an EK in the centre so either someone made a bit of a cock up on the assembly line or it is a gold one but with the gold polished off.
    As for the helmet............ throw it to the lions in the helmets den..........!