Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Dotted DKis - the final result.

Article about: by kevin1947 im kevin origional seller i never once stated he would not get his money back !!!!i just wanted proof it was fake ,he has slandered me on more than this forum,he sent me an emai

Default Dotted DKis - the final result.

Hello gents i hope we all find some closure here tonight,but i feel the original point has been long lost to time.
    firstley i would like to appologise for my return on this subject.
    Ok not sure how much of this message will be wiped so the same will be posted on the Other forum (you know where ).
    Please before i get a load of email and messages from various areas giving me support on this matter i would like to put this to bed here tonight, if i will be allowed as the moderators and myself are a little sick of all this.i sent a pm to Adrian saying sorry for the last lot .
    as you are well aware SEVERAL of you were not happy with the way the deal was handled by the seller.
    Yes i was foolish for the way i conducted myself on this deal ,using only trust and fair play.
    I do accept the fact now blind faith is no way to do deals with people no matter how much you trust them.
    again thanks for the support on this matter.
    Now Gents.
    The Jury was out while we waited for an answer from Dietrich Maerz the worlds leading expert on them.
    Now People from all the top sites cried fake on this one.
    Well if the seller had paid for the expertiese as i did to the expensive of $305 ,there is no bloody way he would have sold it to me for £2000.
    I wish to say sorry to Kevin only for calling it a fake,but he didnt know anyhow.Pure luck.
    Well it is a very very rare original DKis Zimmermann rare as rocking horse poo after a fire.Very few known .
    Well after all this i will now be selling it.
    Not for any moneytry gain,( because i still want one ) but to rid myself of this whole shoddy afair.I cannot look at this piece with joy anymore.
    I shall take this as a great learning kurb in my life.
    Many thanks to all concerned from both sides of the coin.
    Regards Pete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dotted DKis - the final result.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-30-2013 at 09:36 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dotted DKis - the final result.
    P
    Many

Default Re: DKis the end of a dirty afair

Thankyou for the reply Pete. I feel somewhat vindicated in the position I took and maintained regarding this cross compared to some of the many 'experts' on other sites. It's easy to write something off out of hand because you just don't know, and then the herd quickly follow. I put in not a little research into this and was suprised when I found that Dietrich Maerz had appeared to change his mind from being non commital to the 'Dotted Date' cross to the opinion that it was indeed most likely good.

It's suprising that so many collectors who slated it did not take this new information on board, as it was freely available, yet not widely discussed. I am sure if you offer the cross for sale with the written expertise explaining the awards originality from Dietrich Maerz then you'll have no problem moving it on, it's too bad things went to the lengths they did, but at least now you can sell it and regain some, if not all your outlay. Afterall, if it was a fake, you'd get nothing, so maybe this has been a learning curve that whilst steep, has not proved entirely disasterous.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

ithank you Ned .
    yours was actualy the most positive comment i got concerning THE CROSS.with what you had said as well as the sensible chap who surgested i got this checked out we did come up with the Right answer.
    I am to sorry for how this spiriled out of hand through frustration and anger.I do feel a lot of this blame lays at my feet.Education is the answer.
    I am still looking for reference book on several areas but find it hard to find.As with many reference points in this hoby.
    I wish to move on from this now.
    Happy days

I am glad everything has worked out fine in the end.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

MMMMMM..............so its apologies for the seller, as you have called him out on several sites, and sullied his name some what, as you washed your dirty laundry rather publicly.............perhaps its you that now owe him some money
    We live & learn, Steve.

Could you post Any documentation Dietrich Maerz sent to you on the cross? Thanks

Juite the opposite Oradour.If you took the time and studied the facts and it is only be sheer luck ,and i meen sheer luck that it has been called an original.
    I have said sorry to him for the fact i called it fake but the dodgey way it was sold no xxxxxxx way.
    Publicly will do when a man goes to ground

Youth collector.
    Sorry no can do on that.
    The finer details that will show what to look for are requested by the buyer not to be released by me.I guess they want the time to hunt the other few down first .
    Hot cakes sell the best.

?

Good looking cross - no matter what.

One has to wonder how many of these pieces have been sadly tanked and binned as being no good.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast