Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Dotted DKis - the final result.

Article about: by kevin1947 im kevin origional seller i never once stated he would not get his money back !!!!i just wanted proof it was fake ,he has slandered me on more than this forum,he sent me an emai

Default Re: DKis the end of a dirty afair

Quote by petesav View Post
    Youth collector.
    Sorry no can do on that.
    The finer details that will show what to look for are requested by the buyer not to be released by me.I guess they want the time to hunt the other few down first .
    Hot cakes sell the best.
    IMO that's just as selfish and disgraceful as selling a piece that May be fake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dotted DKis - the final result.
    P
    Many

to be honest, this whole story is just sad and I would not take that piece for free regardless its value just because of that.
    all that and at the end you won't let fellow collectors know what to look for in a piece - pretty poor attitude when it comes to being a member of a community of collectors.
    imagine if all would do the same - knowledge and research should be shared - I understand it was at a cost to you but all other research done here is shared for free.
    anyways good luck with the sale.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    to be honest, this whole story is just sad and I would not take that piece for free regardless its value just because of that.
    all that and at the end you won't let fellow collectors know what to look for in a piece - pretty poor attitude when it comes to being a member of a community of collectors.
    imagine if all would do the same - knowledge and research should be shared - I understand it was at a cost to you but all other research done here is shared for free.
    anyways good luck with the sale.
    Yes, a cost to him. But remember, it über rare. I'm sure he will be making a proof after all is said in done.
    Oh, lets not forget everyone on here who was fighting for his cause....

Good Lord.A buyer has requested i do not release the details.He didnt state for how long.
    Maby he is trying to track a few called fake i dont know .
    Please dont now start comming after me complaning about details .
    Also Youth collector how can you put that after sending me an email asking about buying it.
    The buyer is from this site.
    Also DONT FORGET the Cross was for sale HERE first you had a chance then .Way Way before all this shit hit the fan.
    I will ask the buyer if he wishes to release details,my guess he wont at the moment as he wants to do a recon .
    Just look at it this way.
    If he can find another 1 say for $200 being sold as a very good copy he gets a rare DKis for free.
    And one comes to the market for sale.He sends it off to Dietrich.Its got a paper with it.
    Paper work will go to the buyer are others here stupid enough to think i would have come back and called it real if it wernt,good God??????????? why why why
    If i can i will but please understand i have said i will not ,as he has requested.
    I stick to what i say when making deals.No funny stuff black and white he says he gets.
    you will just have to wait a while the secret has waited over 70 years a few more weeks wont matter.

"Also Youth collector how can you put that after sending me an email asking about buying it." - petesav

"Well after all this i will now be selling it. Not for any moneytry gain,( because i still want one ) but to rid myself of this whole shoddy afair.I cannot look at this piece with joy anymore." - petesav

Honesty, I wasn't trying to "buy it" but instead, was seeing how much you would ask for it now that it's "proven" real. That's why I said, "out of curiosity". After saying your selling it because you can't look at it anymore with joy, I thought you'd be asking what you have invested in it. Your making 2,000 euros on a item days ago you wanted to return and was asking for help from anyone who would listen, well, funny how things change. What happened with the quote above? Now the price is 4,000 euros you say? Thought you said, "not for any money gain." And even if I was truly interested and purchased it, I'd release any documentation accompanied with it. Good luck with your sell.

"I will ask the buyer if he wishes to release details,my guess he wont at the moment as he wants to do a recon . Just look at it this way. If he can find another 1 say for $200 being sold as a very good copy he gets a rare DKis for free.And one comes to the market for sale.He sends it off to Dietrich. Its got a paper with it.[Shady!]
    Paper work will go to the buyer are others here stupid enough to think i would have come back and called it real if it wernt,good God??????????? why why why" - petesav

Who knows why, but showing the paperwork will only help this medal become finally vindicated, thus, helping the value and you selling yours. Oh, and keeping the documentation private for one individuals financial gain is, IMO, just as rotten as the seller forgetting to mention how it could be fake for his financial gain.
    I thought the whole purpose of another thread after the last one was shut down would be contributing new information to the collecting community. All this is just pointless, IMO.

Not to be rude, and I sure don't want this thread to also get closed, but maybe you should've done the investigating first. Then, if it turned out it was fake, start the war which pursued in the prior thread as well as elsewhere. At least you got the title right, all this is One big dirty affair.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 07-30-2013 at 09:22 AM.

i have taken so much Flack for buying this ,now i get an offer ,a nice one to boot.
    Now i am taking a lot of Flack for selling it.
    As i said i will contact the buyer he is in the US and proberly wont get a reply till the evening UK time.
    What can i do i gave my word.When i do that it is cast in stone and i wont go back on it.
    Please lets wait and see.Its out my hands.

?

Thank you for letting us as a collecting community know the outcome Pete. I am glad the cross has now been proven good.

I would reiterate the request that you publish the photographic evidence from Dietrich stating the results of the research he conducted. I recall asking you to to do so last week.

At the moment we have a DK that has been the subject of considerable debate as to it's authenticity. You now hold the evidence to end the matter once and for all yet are reluctant to make it known to everyone here? Why? I really don't understand.
    Please don't give me the line about the 'buyer' wanting it kept secret as that is not within the spirit of this discussion forum where we strive to make facts available whenever we can. Here is a piece that is very debatable, you have the proof, please share it. To keep it to yourself is bordering on the selfish and serves no purpose.
    I genuinely am baffled that you should arrive here screaming foul play and now don't want anyone to know the result of what all the fuss was about........

Bizarre.

In your opening post on this thread you mentioned the words 'trust and fair play'. Now you want us to trust you that the cross is authentic and yet you don't want to prove it? Why should your word be taken as trustworthy and in the spirit of fair play it would be good for everyone to at last see what all the fuss was about.
    Leaving aside the way in which the deal was handled, I also think you owe it to Kevin as you have cast aspersions about him as a seller of fakes. We now know that was not the case and even from the start there was no clear proof he had done so, so now you can vindicate him, please do so.

I'm not sure why you mention all the 'support' you had here from members about the way the deal was done because not even I am sure about the finer details of it. How they were furnished with the facts in order to make a judgement and throw support behind you as being the injured party is beyond me and now seems a bit daft as you aren't an injured party because you bought an original piece that perhaps you should've ascertained prior to spending money on it.

This is not about taking sides or seeing who was more right or more wrong, this is not WAF or any other tabloid forum where the most interest is garnered from slanging matches. This is a platform to discuss militaria in a friendly environment where we can have a laugh with each other but also remain focused on the identification of original militaria.
    Unfortunately, those members who wish to secretly take sides in a dispute that has nothing to do with them should really be making more of an effort to use the forum for what it is. Take a look at the amount of threads here showing original and rare pieces which illicit only a few responses versus the useless threads that generate pages of replies. Makes you wonder doesn't it.

I will make the final point that you bought the piece as original, then shouted fake and in the intervening period, made no effort to research what you spent your money on but were very happy to arrive here and let off steam about someone not doing the right thing.

Speaking of doing the right thing - now it's your turn........!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Dotted DKis - the final result.

Well said Adrian.........................
    Prost ! Steve.

im kevin origional seller i never once stated he would not get his money back !!!!i just wanted proof it was fake ,he has slandered me on more than this forum,he sent me an email this morning having a good laugh about its true value,also more name calling !!!!...if he is allowed to remain a member of this forum then i will resign wth regret because i have good support from some members....kev

Quote by oradour View Post
    Well said Adrian.........................
    Prost ! Steve.
    I associate myself with this comment.
    Cody S.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast