MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class

Article about: This is from gottleib's site; In 1938 he was named leader of Organization Todt, a para-military building organization, which constructed the West Wall and other military fortifications. He a

Some of Deschler's stamps often look sloppy to me. You only have to look at some of their mark's on Deutsche Kreuz in Gold's.

These later zink private purchase badges seem to sell at around the $750 mark.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: thanks for the kind comment.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dr. Fritz Todt 2nd Class
    P
    Many

Having taken a looksy around other forums and sale sites I really don't think that the catch is a problem, as Adrian and I said previously, the milling/horizontal striations are a good sign that fakers are not going to get right. As well as that, the set up and finish look good, as does the definition of the strike, have you bought this?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Adrian,

I will check out some of the Deutsche Kreuz in Gold for comparison. Thank you for the price mark reference as well. I did see $$ and not pounds correct.

?

Ned,
    Should I request additional photos? The purchase will be made very soon with this good news. Have seen any 1 marked examples you could refer me to?

Take a close look at the catch. The thick rectangular wire that is shaped in a pronounced curve and is unfinished on each end, i.e. not chamfered or rounded off, is a classic sign of a Deschler catch, you will notice when you look, the same on any of the DK's they manufactured.

EDIT: In answer to your last question, no I haven't seen a Deschler marked example, but Adrian is correct in saying that the MM was often marked sloppily, and what i've pointed out about the catch is certainly correct. I would go for it. Hope this helps.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Anzel, I would honestly go for it price permitting.

Keep us posted.

Ned has a good eye.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Outstanding news on this one!!! Thanks for the looksy around Ned! I have always wanted one of these. I can see what you mean about the catch! Thank you Ned for sharing your knowledge and expertise!!!

- - ------- - -

Outstanding news on this one!!! Thanks for the looksy around Ned! I have always wanted one of these. I can see what you mean about the catch! Thank you Ned for sharing your knowledge and expertise!!!

- - ------- - -

Adrian,
    Making the phone call now!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Anzel, I would honestly go for it price permitting.

Keep us posted.

Ned has a good eye.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ha Ha! Great minds an' all that....

?

Thanks gentlemen. I will be receiving this by mail this week! Can't wait.

What is this medal for i've never heard of it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast