Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DRL Sportsabzeichen für Kriegsversehrte.

Article about: Hello Guys, After a long search i finally got my DRL badge for war wounded the badge looks way better in real life but i have added some pics.. now the search begins for the last one DRL gol

Default DRL Sportsabzeichen für Kriegsversehrte.

Hello Guys,

After a long search i finally got my DRL badge for war wounded the badge looks way better in real life but i have added some pics.. now the search begins for the last one DRL gold.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DRL Sportsabzeichen für Kriegsversehrte.   DRL Sportsabzeichen für Kriegsversehrte.  

DRL Sportsabzeichen für Kriegsversehrte.   DRL Sportsabzeichen für Kriegsversehrte.  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-28-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German Terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DRL Sportsabzeichen für Kriegsversehrte.
    P
    Many

Default Re: DRL war wounded

Nice piece.

They always look very nice.
    Great pick-up.
    chris

?

Great badge

I always liked the contrast on these. I'd love one, and it's SA equivalent as well.

?

Nice looking badge. Well done on your new addition.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks guys!

Actually unless I'm really mistaken this is a Military Sports badge that was and is awarded in Bronze, Silver or Gold. When I was serving in the US Army in Germany in the late 70s I took part in the sporting events and was awarded this particular badge(minus the swastica of course) in bronze; if I recall correctly this is one of the oldest awards that was and is currently awarded by the German Army. I've seen this badge offered for sale without the swastica as a "pre-war" badge so one needs to be careful-you can google DRL for more info on this award.

?

Quote by sargetom View Post
    Actually unless I'm really mistaken this is a Military Sports badge that was and is awarded in Bronze, Silver or Gold. When I was serving in the US Army in Germany in the late 70s I took part in the sporting events and was awarded this particular badge(minus the swastica of course) in bronze; if I recall correctly this is one of the oldest awards that was and is currently awarded by the German Army. I've seen this badge offered for sale without the swastica as a "pre-war" badge so one needs to be careful-you can google DRL for more info on this award.
    There is also an excellent and informative thread here on the forum about these badges. You can see it here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by sargetom View Post
    A sports badge from the 1970's would likely have been
    a 'DSB' badge of the same form.........
    Regards,

Steve.