Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Early shooting medal?

Article about: Here is how different the reverse 'decor' can look from maker to maker. Obviously the second one is zinc based and the first one is nickel silver, so there are going to be NS one is going to

Default Re: Early shooting medal?

Here is how different the reverse 'decor' can look from maker to maker. Obviously the second one is zinc based and the first one is nickel silver, so there are going to be NS one is going to have better relief.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early shooting medal?   Early shooting medal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early shooting medal?
    P
    Many

'There is alot of medal that were produce by organizations and local towns that we do not have any ideas of.
    I do like this one.
    chris

Alright I got some more shots in the daylight now. This medal only measures 35mm though(3mm thick). The macro on my camera isn't cooperating with me, but I hope these will help. I've been trying to research it, but unfortunately my resources outside this forum are iffy at best - especially this being a local piece(if genuine). That being said, is it literally a "National survey shooting contest"? Or is there a more natural translation?

Thanks for the help so for guys, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early shooting medal?   Early shooting medal?  

Early shooting medal?   Early shooting medal?  

Early shooting medal?  

Man...maybe it is the pic but does the medal taper in width? The last pic makes it look like the width of the medal tapers. Is it just the pic or does it actually do this?

The measurements make sense and the ones that I have seen had oak leaves around the boarder.

The design 100% exists...just not too sure about this medal. The 'blob' on the top left side of pic # 2 really bothers me.

Nah, it is 3mm all the way round. I was all happy about this medal, now I'm not too sure either

I think that it is OK. I go back and forth but I think that it is fine. These medals get dinged and nicked up...some times it looks like casting issues...but I think that this one has just been dinged around a bit. The 'blob' on the reverse just seems weird though.

I had a look around and found a few different reverses on these medal. I think that this version (like my other medals) are the generic that could be purchased by clubs and towns for events. The idea was to have it dedicated after the event...but most that I have seen have nothing on them.

I guess I wasn't much help here!

Chrys

?

I wonder what the significance is of the reverse 'slit' or aperture with oak leaves comming through?
    At first I thought it should look like a rear sight, but that does not seem to be the case from the shape.....

It's just a decorative pattern. Look at the two that I posted above...one is a shooting award and one is not. It was a generic pattern...the blank space was for a name to be engraved if the winner saw fit.

?

That makes sense. Thanks

No problem!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast