Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte Stufe, Original or Replica?

Article about: Hello all, don't have reference book with these, can you tell if original or replica, thanks for your time.

?

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte Stufe, Original or Replica?

Hello all, don't have reference book with these, can you tell if original or replica, thanks for your time.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte Stufe, Original or Replica?   Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte Stufe, Original or Replica?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Dritte Stufe, Original or Replica?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks ok to me. A bit of a soft strike on the reverse but a nice example IMHO. Haven found an example with the exact same font on the obverse (short leg of the "N" and small "C") but there were a number of makers of this award. Nice enameling.

Happy to be correct by those who know more about these than I.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks fine to me as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

3 classes of these Mother Crosses are to be found ...yours is a bronze Medal.

1st Class Order, Gold Cross: eligible mothers with eight or more children
    2nd Class Order, Silver Cross: eligible mothers with six to seven children
    3rd Class Order, Bronze Cross: eligible mothers with four to five children

also some history to read about these Beautiful crosses > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_..._German_Mother

The most common found are the Gold and the Bronze types.....the Silver not easily found but a complete set is a great start to any collection.

Prices vary upon condition.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    3 classes of these Mother Crosses are to be found ...yours is a bronze Medal.

1st Class Order, Gold Cross: eligible mothers with eight or more children
    2nd Class Order, Silver Cross: eligible mothers with six to seven children
    3rd Class Order, Bronze Cross: eligible mothers with four to five children

also some history to read about these Beautiful crosses > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_..._German_Mother

The most common found are the Gold and the Bronze types.....the Silver not easily found but a complete set is a great start to any collection.

Prices vary upon condition.

Regards Larry
    Agree. While I don't actively look for these, I have a number of bronze and gold but have yet to stumble across a silver at a show...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

thanks to all for the quick reply.

The ribbon looks good to me. I have been informed that from the edge, there should be a white stripe, then three blue threads and then four white threads with 12 blue in the middle.

A nice cross the bronze on the front is stunning. What is the spot on the swaz a chip?

?

yes, looked at it under a magnifying glass, a chip.