Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter first pattern?

Article about: Wondering if I could get your opinion on this Mother's Cross? From what I have seen of the first pattern, Hitler's signature is almost legible. The second pattern is the more common "19

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter first pattern?

Wondering if I could get your opinion on this Mother's Cross? From what I have seen of the first pattern, Hitler's signature is almost legible. The second pattern is the more common "1938" version with the dropping signature.

This one seems to me to be a combo of both. It has the first pattern statement with the second pattern's signature. I have erased the retail site name from the post, but it rhymes with billip-billitaria. Asking price is 75 EUR. They have three of these "rare" crosses.

Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter first pattern?
    P
    Many

Quote by Retsiger View Post
    Wondering if I could get your opinion on this Mother's Cross? From what I have seen of the first pattern, Hitler's signature is almost legible. The second pattern is the more common "1938" version with the dropping signature.

This one seems to me to be a combo of both. It has the first pattern statement with the second pattern's signature. I have erased the retail site name from the post, but it rhymes with billip-billitaria. Asking price is 75 EUR. They have three of these "rare" crosses.

Thoughts?

I think the signature is wrong for the first pattern. Have never seen a combination of the two. Usually one or the other. Also, note the difference between the signature and the inscription.
    Check this thread for photos of a known 1st pattern.
    1st Pattern Mutterkreuz in Silber

The cross looks to be an original.
    However the back has been tampered with.
    For me the signature is the remnant of the original second type cross whilst Der Kind Adelt die Mutter inscription has been engraved over the top of the erased date.
    Even with the poor photographs and your covering of the dealers details you can see abrasion marks where this procedure has been carried out.

Cheers
    Doug

Indeed a poor attempt to make a normal second pattern cross into a first pattern.

I see the abrasion now. I had chalked that up to a bad image. Thanks for the comments.

Quote by Saladin View Post
    The cross looks to be an original.
    However the back has been tampered with.
    For me the signature is the remnant of the original second type cross whilst Der Kind Adelt die Mutter inscription has been engraved over the top of the erased date.
    Even with the poor photographs and your covering of the dealers details you can see abrasion marks where this procedure has been carried out.

Cheers
    Doug
    This was what I thought too. Seems an effort to create that "unique" piece! The difference between the dedication and the signature, as well as the scuffing of the finish were all red flags. Ruined a perfectly good cross!