Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?

Article about: Hey guys! I bought these three while in Germany. The gold cross is slightly bigger. Any thoughts if they are real? thanks!

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?

Hey guys! I bought these three while in Germany. The gold cross is slightly bigger. Any thoughts if they are real? thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?   Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?  

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?   Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?  

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?   Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?  

Last edited by Adrian; 01-29-2015 at 11:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?
    P
    Many

Sorry about the side ways pictures. I did not take them like that :/

Both crosses are good however I believe the pin is bad.

Quote by Chrisk View Post
    Both crosses are good however I believe the pin is bad.
    Thanks! Are you familiar with why the two crosses are slightly different sizes? Pin is wierd since it has no markings I have not seen unmarked ones?

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Thanks! Are you familiar with why the two crosses are slightly different sizes? Pin is wierd since it has no markings I have not seen unmarked ones?
    I'm not sure on the size. But there are mini and midsize ones. As for the pin the mark is incorrect plus poor enamel.

?

The Mutterkreuz does vary in size between makers. As Chris says, there are different sized pieces in terms of miniatures and half sized crosses but neither of yours are a 'small' version, just a minor size difference which is nothing to worry about.

Here's an image which demonstrates the size differences between the three variant sizes:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter, gold and silver and a D.A.P pin. Real or fake?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The Mutterkreuz does vary in size between makers. As Chris says, there are different sized pieces in terms of miniatures and half sized crosses but neither of yours are a 'small' version, just a minor size difference which is nothing to worry about.

Here's an image which demonstrates the size differences between the three variant sizes:
    I thought you'd died......Welcome back, is it for good??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Haha! Thank you!

Nope, still alive and kicking Ned! Working hard and playing hard. Things calming down now so I can give some more time to the forum and start collecting again.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Great to see you back Adrian, we have missed you !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Sorry for wandering off the subject, but boy is it great to see you back Adrian!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast