Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in Bronze

Article about: Had to add this to my collection of Mothers crosses got it from the collectors guild very hard to find its a parade pin-on style and its the first one they have seen and myself. Hope you all

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in Bronze

Had to add this to my collection of Mothers crosses got it from the collectors guild very hard to find its a parade pin-on style and its the first one they have seen and myself. Hope you all like it.

Eric

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in BronzeEhrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in Bronze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in Bronze
    P
    Many

Default Re: Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in Bronze

Has anyone seen this before?

Eric

?

Hi Eric,
    I had seen this one on their site for quite a while now and I'm not convinced the medal and ribbon bar belong together. The ribbons on the Mutterkreuz don't have the black stripe and are much thinner, I've never seen a wide one before.
    There are many variants on the Mutterkreuz theme but I believe this one is put together. I have no idea what medal the ribbonbar could be for, possibly worth asking in the Imperial forum?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm with Adrian, its not an MK ribbon and certainly looks like a home made mount. I too would be interested to know what ribbon it is

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

KSH
    ?

I also agree with Adrian here. The ribbon is for the Imperial and WWI-awarded Militär-Verdienstorden (4. Klasse I believe) and for the Militär-Verdienstkreuz, both of the German Kingdom of Bayern (Bavaria). Established July 19, 1866 by the King of Bayern, Ludwig II.

- Kenneth

An example of the Militär-Verdienstorden with Swords and Crown, 4. Klasse:

An example of the Militär-Verdienstkreuz with Swords, 3. Klasse:

Last edited by KSH; 06-02-2011 at 08:49 AM.

?

Thanks for identifying the ribbon Kenneth. I had a feeling it was an Imperial type.

?

I have to agree with you guys, I add a pic of 3 medals from my collection.
    This ribbon was used for the 4 classes, with and w/o crown, with and w/o swords.
    In ther same time who knows put them together, I add a pic as example of a cased bronze type, naturally cross don't match the contemporary case that is right for a clock (?) I don't know the right term in English.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in Bronze   Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in Bronze  

Thanks guys I will E-mail them tomorrow and see about a return.

Eric

I would agree, definitely a mount for a Bavarian military cross. It looks original, I like the backing. At a stretch of the imagination it could be possible that the recipient of the Mother's cross decided to make unofficial but practical use of the earlier medal mount. While not in observance with protocol I can not imagine someone piling on the admonishment to someone who was most likely an older lady.

Alternatively someone could have put it together last year to boost the price.

The Collectors guild is very reputable I shouldn't have any probs with the return I hope.
    I know nothing about Imperial items to had made the connection live and learn and thanks again for your help all.

Eric