Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.

Article about: Folks This award was one of the first instituted by A.H. for veterans of WW1, and their families, if combatant was deceased. This grade, with swords, was for combatants. This particular exam

Default Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.

Folks

This award was one of the first instituted by A.H. for veterans of WW1, and their families, if combatant was deceased. This grade, with swords, was for combatants. This particular example was made by Steinhauer & Luck as shown on the back side.

A couple things of note; First, the ribbon is sewn onto the ring with thread, not sure why, maybe not an original ribbon? Second, the material on the back is glue from the price tag the BOZO had on it.

All comments are welcome, of course.

I started this thread under 'WW2 German' as this award was instituted and issued in the period, I hope this was acceptable.

Greenhorn
    Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-15-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1 Hindenburg Honor Cross

Nice looking cross!

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    Nice looking cross!
    Why thank you, sir!

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

This is certainly the right place for it Green. I see no problems at all with this cross, the maker is as you say, the ribbon is original too. Can you post a pic of how the ribbon is sewn onto the ring please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Adrian

Of course I will post those pics, I accidentally deleted them completely so will need a few new ones. As soon as I hit "enter" I thought of it! However, I am 4.5 hours from work and will have to take pics again, so not tonight, need shut-eye for work. Will post when I return tomorrow night, sorry for the delay. Night

Green

Default Re: Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.

Thats a good cross indeed Green, such a nice award series

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Adrian, and all

Here are a few pictures of the ribbon sewn onto the ring. Why this was done, I do not know. It crossed my mind that the medal may have been on a ribbon bar or something of the sort? While I am no "thread" expert, it looks as if this was period thread or just a material that does not look very modern.

Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914-1918.

?

How long is the piece of ribbon?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    How long is the piece of ribbon?
    The ribbon is 5.5" long. It is folded in half, then sewn at the fold.
    Last edited by Greenhorn; 02-16-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Typo