Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...

Article about: This is what happened to my EK2 when i pick it for made some photos. The ring is marked "16" , the core is magnetic and the cross appears with some little space between frames. So

Default Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...

This is what happened to my EK2 when i pick it for made some photos. The ring is marked "16" , the core is magnetic and the cross appears with some little space between frames. So the question is : it is a genuine one? How can it has gone to break????
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...

- - ------- - -

Thanx for your precious opinions my friends :-)
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-01-2016 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...
    P
    Many

All I can say is - "That Can't Be Fun!"

Hi,

I suppose, it is not right '16' maker's mark... It should be without frame.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...   Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...  

A drop of solder would take care of that quick enough...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by tompress View Post
    Hi,

I suppose, it is not right '16' maker's mark... It should be without frame.
    So its a fake one?

Quote by Bauhaus71 View Post
    So its a fake one?
    Rather re-constructed from original parts. But I would like to wait for more opinions

Looks legit to me. Would think it wouldn't be cost effective to construct one. Never had one break

...so this is the ''bad luck'' factor ... but as just said Tompress, the problem is even the maker mark with the frame.

Hi,
    Too bad

The problem when repairing a broken off ring like this, is that it was originally hard soldered to the 2 frame halves, then the 2 halves were soft soldered together with the core inside !!
    Your only option is to try a repair with soft solder (and even that is quite risky), and keep the frame halves clamped together while doing it !!!
    Or you could split the cross and CAREFULLY remove ALL softsolder from frame halves, and resolder the small ring using hard solder . Naturally you would destroy the silver plating to the frame in the process. This later option should only be recommended if you know EXACTLY what you are doing

Below is a pic of a repair I did to a 1 class cross, all taken apart

MFG
    Marc
    Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse goes crack...
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-01-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Quote by Bauhaus71 View Post
    So its a fake one?
    Sorry, but finally yes. I have shown your cross on German Combat Awards forum - and it was recognized as a known copy (so-called. "frame with rounded angles."), which comes with maker's mark: 16, 84 or 113.

regards
    Tomasz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast