Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Ek1 and Kvk1 original?

Article about: Hi fellow collectors. I would like to have some help from any kind soul with these two badges that I maybe will buy. A ww2 EK1 and a KvK1 with swords. The other awards on the pictures am I n

Default Ek1 and Kvk1 original?

Hi fellow collectors. I would like to have some help from any kind soul with these two badges that I maybe will buy. A ww2 EK1 and a KvK1 with swords. The other awards on the pictures am I not interested in. It´s not my awards yet and this is how the pictures was when they were sent to me.
    Grateful for help. Thanks.

/regards Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ek1 and Kvk1 original?   Ek1 and Kvk1 original?  

Ek1 and Kvk1 original?   Ek1 and Kvk1 original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ek1 and Kvk1 original?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ek1 and Kvk1 original?

Both are original, the EK1 is marked '15' for Friedrich Orth of Vienna. Orth and Souval had a close working relationship and mixed and matched parts from each others factories but this one doesn't appear to have any Souval parts. There is a small dot on the frame at the top edge of the 12 o'clock arm where the beading meets the 'step'. This is a locating point for a suspension ring if the frame was going to be used for an EK2. I don't recognise the pin on the back but as Orth also sourced parts from other manufacturers it could come from anyone of them.
    The KVK I can't put to a maker (might be S&L?), made of zinc and with a good amount of finish on the obverse.

From the photos, all look to be original items and if you can get a good price, why not try for all of them!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Indeed the Spangen look good too ! I love the miniature on the single ribbon bar

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks a lot for your help guys. I can not afford the entire collection. Price is 4000 euro.

?

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Thanks a lot for your help guys. I can not afford the entire collection. Price is 4000 euro.
    Ouch! What else is in the collection?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Ouch! What else is in the collection?

It´s a lot of awards. For sale on the E-stand on WAF. I bought only a NSDAP 15 y medal. The EK1 was sold before I could buy it.