Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

EK2 and 40 years faithful service medal, what do you guys think?

Article about: Hey Guys, been offered these two medals for £68 inc p&p and inc paypal fees, although i think the EK2 itself is worth that, the EK2 is unmarked (sadly) i think they both look good, but i

?

Default Re: EK2 and 40 years faithful service medal, what do you guys think?

Crosses by maker '24' are fairly common, marked or unmarked. If you go ahead and buy it (and for the price it's a no brainer) check the small suspension ring (the one soldered to the frame) for any marks. This maker sometimes added small marks here in the shape of an acorn, a clover leaf, a cross, a circle and a few more besides.
    Try a search here and you will find the thread they were shown and discussed.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement EK2 and 40 years faithful service medal, what do you guys think?
    P
    Many

Cheers Adrian, yes it was a no brainer and i have already paid for them Once received i will take a good look at it and post more pictures in "My Growing Collection" thread,
    Thanks, Glen.

?

Better photos are always welcome here too........

Hey, guys they arrived today, i am very happy with them. When i get some money i will have to buy an original box for the 40 yr service medal, I can't see any little symbols but the EK is a little dirty and i don't want to clean it so there could be a symbol lurking on it.
    Thanks, Glen.
    Also there are some numbers written on the EK ribbon, do any of you guys know what it might mean?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EK2 and 40 years faithful service medal, what do you guys think?   EK2 and 40 years faithful service medal, what do you guys think?  

EK2 and 40 years faithful service medal, what do you guys think?   EK2 and 40 years faithful service medal, what do you guys think?  

EK2 and 40 years faithful service medal, what do you guys think?   EK2 and 40 years faithful service medal, what do you guys think?  

Very nice indeed Glen, your collection is very impressive

A shame someone has written on the ribbon

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Glenn, as far as cleaning goes I wouldn't advise it, the cross does not look in need of a clean, it's in normal 'sleeper' condition. Brush any surface dust or grime off with a soft paint brush but please don't do anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2