Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe

Article about: Hi,guys,i have just seen this ground assault badge and it looks a nice early tomback three rivet example to me.The front has lost all of it's blueing and silver wash.It is manufactured by M.

Default Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe

Hi,guys,i have just seen this ground assault badge and it looks a nice early tomback three rivet example to me.The front has lost all of it's blueing and silver wash.It is manufactured by M.U.K although due to the amount of corrosion to the reverse this is hard to see.The reverse also seems to have unfortunatly had a name removed,my question is do you think that the "hook" is a replacement or is it correct?the hinge looks correct for this maker,it,s just the hook appears a bit untidy in it,s fixing(could just be the worker was having a bad day!!) Anyway thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe   Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe  

Attached Images Attached Images Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe  Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe  Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe  Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe

It looks like an original zinc badge to me.........

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks Adrian,i get the zinc bit as the silvering on the reverse is heavily blistered as you would expect from that type of badge.My ignorance in having the opinion that it was only the earlier tomback's that had the three rivet constuction.Thanks again

?

Wre these badges ever produced in tombac?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

No idea my friend, as i said on this one "my ignorance"!!

?

There is one maker marked Juncker exists which wreath is believed to be made from nickel silver or tombak, but all the others were made from zinc, except the eagle is on some makers badges like Osang, Juncker are made from nickel silver.

I agree with Janos.Only Juncker have produced a Erdkampfabzeichen made of tombac.Juncker was the first manufacture,who produced the Erdkampfabzeichen.

The M.u.K badge itself looks original to me,but the rivets looks not textbook to me.I share your opinion "Fallschirmjäger" about the catch.It looks repaired.Can you post bigger photos of the rivets and from the other side of the catch please?

Regards
    Joachim

Hi,i think that the catch is repaired to,the top two rivets also look as though they may have been struck twice hence the flatter apperance then you would expect on an M.U.K. The bottom rivet is however text book.I would guess that this was an extensively used badge which had some period repair work done to it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe  Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe  Erdkampfabzeichen der luftwaffe 

Agreed Fallschirmjäger.IMO also a original badge,but with lots of repair.Is it yours,ore are you planing to buy it?

It's mine,i have had it a while and thought it was about time i had a bit of feedback on it. Thanks for your thoughts,much appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast