Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi everyone What do you think about Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe on pictures? Who is the maker? Any opinion is welcome. Regards,Bojan

Default Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Hi everyone

What do you think about Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe on pictures? Who is the maker? Any opinion is welcome.

Regards,Bojan

Erdkampfabzeichen der LuftwaffeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Hi,

looks like similar to the unmarked "Hammer & Söhne" Erdkampfabzeichen. But not close to cigar imo and the round catchplate is too not typical for H & S. I am personal would pass on this badge when there are minimal doubts.

Regards
    Joe

I agree. After clicking and enlarging the badge, a badly misshapen Swastika on the riveted eagle device...
    These have certainly become a minefield over the years...I finally settled on a late-war Arno Walpach after studying the hell out of them...
    cheers, Glenn

A very hard call imo. Besides the large round catch plate as opposed to the normal small rectangular one, and the fact that the pin has a noticeable bend and tool mark at the hinge end whereas they are normally straight up and around it with no tool mark, the badge looks pretty convincing. Could the hardware be a variant type, perhaps not seen before? A tough call on the evidence of these pic's that are upside down when expanded, which doesn't help much.

I'm going to sit on the fence for once.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for opinions.Than better,i dont buy this badge?

Bojan

Hmm, as said above there are areas in general where this badge looks quite right but there are others that raise questions;

It could be taken for a Gustav Brehmer except that the base of the hinge is rectangular rather than oval.

It could be one of the accepted but yet unknown makers except that one would expect the base of the catch to be round rather than rectangular.

And of course, what is going on with that swastika?

Also, the badge is photographed at an oblique angle making it difficult to judge dimensions and as is important with the Erdkampfabz, the shape of the cut outs. This could be innocent but is one of the oldest tricks of the dealer selling less than honest badges.

I don't suppose any of these alone would condemn this badge out of hand as slightly different hardware / setup parts can be found on genuine badges of every type, this has always been a fact of manufacturing items in quantity and the swastika might be explained as a "seccond" that made it through quality control (the choice here is whether the collector accepts the imperfection). However, all these points together without the chance to have it in hand to "sniff it out"would put me off. These are not the rarest badges so waitng for an example with fewer questions over it might be wise.

Regards

Mark

I have to agree entirely with Mark's comments given on the evidence so far supplied.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ok,thank guys.I will wait for another one.

Regards,Bojan

Quote by rutarjan View Post
    Ok,thank guys.I will wait for another one.

Regards,Bojan
    Hi Bojan, I think that's for the best. There are to many inconsistencies with this one, so I to would wait for a text book example to come along. Leon.