Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi, Hope I've posted this in the correct place. Is this badge real or a copy? From what I have seen, I like it but never hurts to get as much info as possible! Thanks Annoyed from this ads?

Default Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Hi,
    Hope I've posted this in the correct place. Is this badge real or a copy? From what I have seen, I like it but never hurts to get as much info as possible! Thanks
    Dale
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Hi, I think that it is a genuine award made by Wallpach and that the "blueing" has been redone at some point. I could be wrong though so wait for "our Ned" to chip in and put me right! Leon.

It certainly looks like a good late war Arno Wallpach (AWS) example
    All the best
    Doug

These AW Erdkampfabzeichen's are copied to near perfection in some cases, but I believe this one is genuine. The overall appearance is well defined and the tool mark on the pin bend matches originals. However, I tend to agree with Leon that the obverse paintwork may have been titivated somewhat as looking at the right side of the cloud as we see it, some of the paint chips have clearly been touched up a little and probably the ground strike too. I wouldn't be overly worried by this though.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for looking. ..I don't think the pics do it justice as I could only use my phone...It does look better in hand though.

I think this pic is better
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

I agree, the better pic shows it's not been re touched, so an unmolested piece it appears.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Looks for me fine too. This kind of finish is typical for AWS Erdkampfabzeichen and mostly the finish is lost over the years, but this badge has hold the finish mostly good.

KR
    Joe

its in good condition not knocked about.

Thanks for taking time to look and parting with some knowledge+

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast