Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge

Article about: I always liked the design of this badge, so I snagged it. Sorry some of the pics aren't the best due to my shakey ass hands. what say ye gents Thanks in Advance General P

Default Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge

I always liked the design of this badge, so I snagged it.
    Sorry some of the pics aren't the best due to my shakey ass hands.
    what say ye gents
    Thanks in Advance
    General PErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe BadgeErdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge  

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge  
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-14-2015 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, My First LuftWaffe Badge
    P
    Many

?

GP... Looks pitted... A lot.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

yes the back is quiet rough. if its spurious, I haven't taken a huge financial hit and I am sure the seller would accept returns.

?

Looks more like zinc pest than pitting. Great design but I don't know enough about these to comment on originality.

?

Quote by kirby View Post
    Looks more like zinc pest than pitting. Great design but I don't know enough about these to comment on originality.
    Let's hope so foe GP's sake.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Please keep this in mind when starting a thread in the Orders and Decorations forum.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    It looks like a good attributed Rudolph Karneth badge. I would say that the reverse has zinc bubbles which is a good sign of originality.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I'll raise my hand and answer..I don't normally comment but will give it a go and see if I'm right ( i.e. learning well or still needing to go back to the books and learn more). So wait until the others with real qualifications comes along.

Looks ok to me. Two piece construction. Think the rivet construction is ok (is one rivet broken?). "Pitting" looks more like casting bubbles from the zinc. And I think the crimped hardware set up is correct.

Let's see if I pass the test or fail...

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'll raise my hand and answer..I don't normally comment but will give it a go and see if I'm right ( i.e. learning well or still needing to go back to the books and learn more). So wait until the others with real qualifications comes along.

Looks ok to me. Two piece construction. Think the rivet construction is ok (is one rivet broken?). "Pitting" looks more like casting bubbles from the zinc. And I think the crimped hardware set up is correct.

Let's see if I pass the test or fail...

Michael
    Close Michael.
    I don't think there is a broken rivet, I think it is an optical illusion. There are no casting bubbles as these awards are not cast. It is a condition that arises between the zinc badge and the finish which produces these bubbles.
    The two piece construction and the hardware are correct.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

crap crap crap crap sorry about not using german terminology I was in a rush....."optical illusion" I love that. the only deficiency I want to note is the way the eagle is attached. the post on the right side is very short, its recessed its there just short

There looks to be no pitting or zinc pest-in fact, the bubbling of the zinc is a Good sign. There may be a hint of corrosion beneath the eagle's wings on the wreath, but nothing horrible. I am seeing nothing about this badge that says anything but an authentic Rudolph Karneth. The condition for it is actually quite decent, when compared to some of these you run across. These badges never Were stellar quality to begin with, but this one looks quite solid.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast