Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions

Article about: Good evening guys, I have been offered this Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge. The detail on the front appears to be okay although I am not familiar with the hardware on the reverse. Firstly co

Default Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions

Good evening guys,

I have been offered this Luftwaffe Ground Assault Badge.

The detail on the front appears to be okay although I am not familiar with the hardware on the reverse.

Firstly could somebody please tell me if this is an original badge and to what maker it may be attributable please?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions  

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions  

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions
    P
    Many

It appears to be an Arno Walpach with a replaced needle...Compare with my example...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions  

Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions   Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions  

Attached Images Attached Images Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions 

IMO the entire badge is fake. Note the excess material (almost like a double strike?) around the bottom of the clouds base, this is seen on all the fake versions but is not obvious on genuine ones as I hope Glenn can confirm is the case with his.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Good eye, Ned...I missed that completely...here is a close-up of my original Walpach...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Unmarked - opinions  

Thank you guys for your help - can definitely see it now you've pointed it out!!

Thank you, Glen.

Hi, as you know already, not a good piece, the whole appearance to the hinge and catch is quite poor, but I especially do not like the "soft" edges to the pins hinge mount. Clearly cast from the original design. Leon.