Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Erdkampfabzeichen by Wallpach - badge painting

Article about: Esteemed fellow collectors, One year ago, during a trip in Hamburg, I bought this at Weitze's marvelous office. Like an insect, I've been caught by the brlliance of it (I should have read Ta

Default Erdkampfabzeichen by Wallpach - badge painting

Esteemed fellow collectors,

One year ago, during a trip in Hamburg, I bought this at Weitze's marvelous office.
    Like an insect, I've been caught by the brlliance of it (I should have read Tanizaki's 'In praise of shadows" to reconsider my penchant for glittering things).

A teeny weeny bit suspicious before the purchase - as it ought to be -, I grabbed it after being reassured by the seller, who claimed it was in all likelihood genuine.
    Nonetheless, since then, eaten up by doubt, I've never been able to be happy with it.
    I regained hope as I found that some of you here own Wallpach examples almost equally painted.
    Would you please make me a joyful and relieved man by telling me that nothing is wrong with the finish (nor with anything else on the badge, while we're at it - but I compared it a lot and it seems fine) ?
    I thank and salute you !

Erdkampfabzeichen by Wallpach - badge paintingErdkampfabzeichen by Wallpach - badge paintingErdkampfabzeichen by Wallpach - badge painting

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen by Wallpach - badge painting
    P
    Many

The same day as I posted this thread appeared, by a happy and incredible coincidence, on a great dealer's website this gem, tending to make me confident about my own piece.

Erdkampfabzeichen by Wallpach - badge painting

But I would still need confirmation if some of you could. We never get enough confirmations from knowledgeable collectors

I don't see a problem with your badge, as far as I know, this is the typical finish for this maker.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you for your reply ! I've never been comfortable with it because I've been told elsewhere the exact contrary : that Wallpach's pieces are coloured from clouds to ground with unique shades of grey.
    My recent discoveries on this forum changed my mind about it - that's why I asked.
    Erdkampfabzeichen is probably my favourite of all Wehrmacht badges, it was a pity for me to possess one without being pleased. Thanks !