Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?

Article about: Hallo guys, Annoyed from this ads?   I would like your opinion on this Erdkampfabzeichen. To me the medal looks orginal, the detail looks good. There is no wear on the medal and i can`t

Default Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?

Hallo guys,

I would like your opinion on this Erdkampfabzeichen. To me the medal looks orginal, the detail looks good. There is no wear on the medal and i can`t find anything on the box?

Thanks!!!

Regards, Job

Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?
    P
    Many

can't fault it very nice find.

That looks like a winner to me...I bet the box would sell for more money than the badge if they were sold seperately...
    cheers, Glenn

I have had my eye on one of these for some time now and than i find this one. I got it for a really good price aswel^^
    Thanks for the help guys.

Regards, Job

Great badge and box!

great set!

The badge is IMO a fake based on the Arno Wallpach (AWS) design. As is well known, this late war design had an integral hinge as seen below, and not a round wire one as shown in the original post. The eagle is also unique in it's design, and not used by any other makers known or unknown.

Here's an example of a couple of genuine Wallpach badges and the integral catch found on all of their Erdkampfabzeichen's.

Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?

And here's a couple of the many variant fakes of the original badge.

Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?
    Erdkampfabzeichen, what do you guys think?

On this evidence I would consider the cardboard case to be probably fake as well. I've seen early Erdkampfabzeichen cases with the traditional blue leatherette covering, and the late war paper packets used for many awards, but never an LDO case marked specifically for an Erdkampfabzeichen, though I suppose it's possible......

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Tthanks a lot Ned. I like how you always explain in detail why it is a fake or not. I waited for you to post, just to be sure on the set( would have transferred the money 2 hours back otherwise). You saved me 220 euro`s, Guess it looked to good to be real.

Thanks again.

Regards, Job

No problem Job.

You are wise not to act on comments that laud a piece with the briefest of explanation, or in the above cases none at all, however well intentioned. It only takes one and the herd rapidly follows....., at the potential detriment to YOUR pocket. Having said that, the price is a mahoosive red flag on it's own, not many free dinners to be had in this game anymore.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Great explaining, learning new things from everyone of your posts Ned.. a real asset (Y)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast