Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

An Extremely Rare Gau Badge Is Available

Article about: Just a quick note. I don't usually tout dealers websites, but Kai Winkler has just posted a badge that Rare in the Extreme. You may want to take a look at it before it vanishes-you probably

Default Re: An Extremely Rare Gau Badge Is Available

We love you HPL, Andreas you are the man keep it up!!!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement An Extremely Rare Gau Badge Is Available
    P
    Many

One can only imagine what person Greiser had in mind for the diamond and platinum award...Hitler himself? Or the ever medal hungry Goring?? I Do think, though, that it would look Very fine in a nice little plaque on my wall... William
    Last edited by Wagriff; 10-15-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Ive been wracking my brains where i thought i saw one of these, im now thinking it was in the museum at Wissant, theres a display there that has been turned into a period shop, it has badges and awards ive never seen before, daggers, uniforms that are in near perfect condition all displayed to represent how a private purchase shop would look, all of the items came from a shop in Paris that had been used for that purpose, and been stored in the basements since the war, the museum owner bought the entire stock some 40yrs ago,he also sells items at the War and Peace show all totally original but at a price, im 45-50% on this as i cant think where else i could have seen one, im pretty sure it wasnt one with gems

Everyone has a chanced at this one--only a $1500 starting bid:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Extremely Rare Gau Badge Is Available   An Extremely Rare Gau Badge Is Available  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks for posting this one stonemint. Does anyone know how many firms made these awards? There are glaring differences between the the examples shown on this thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Actually, not a bad starting bid...I Believe that these were all made and assembled totally by hand, so I'm not surprised at the differences. $1500......if I was still collecting such things....hmm.. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Actually, not a bad starting bid...I Believe that these were all made and assembled totally by hand, so I'm not surprised at the differences. $1500......if I was still collecting such things....hmm.. William
    Did the components come from the same manufacturers die? Hand assembly would account for differences in construction but the two badges shown exhibit design differences from the dates to the eagles to the wreaths to the impliments below the eagle.

?

Also to point out, one has the letters 'Nr' on the back and the other has 'No' in reference to the award number. Were both accepted abbreviations used in the German language at that time?

Here are some others accepted as authentic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture An Extremely Rare Gau Badge Is Available   An Extremely Rare Gau Badge Is Available  

An Extremely Rare Gau Badge Is Available   An Extremely Rare Gau Badge Is Available  

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast