Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eye Candy

Article about: For you fans of Political decorations here are a few photos of my cased 2nd pattern Blood Order.

Default Eye Candy

For you fans of Political decorations here are a few photos of my cased 2nd pattern Blood Order.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eye Candy   Eye Candy  

Eye Candy   Eye Candy  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eye Candy
    P
    Many

Default Re: Eye Candy

That is some sweeeet eye candy!

For a little more eye candy here's my 1st pattern.
    Attached Images Attached Images Eye Candy  Eye Candy 

The obverse photo of the 1st pattern was taken with a different camera to show the fantastic detail on these Orders. Anyways I hope you enjoy the photos!

Hi Erich, they are both beautiful examples.

For the uninitiated and more novice members of the forum, what is the difference between a 1st and 2nd pattern?

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Adrian for your kind words. The 1st patterns were given to the original Putsch Veterans and were awarded in 1934. The total 1st patterns awarded was aprox. 1500. My example is number 626 awarded to Franz Fuchs who was a member of the SA Munchen.
    The 2nd patterns were awarded from 1938-42. The 2nd pattern was awarded to those who were jailed, wounded or lost their lives during the "time of struggle" and many Austrians received the 2nd pattern award. The total BO's awarded is about 4200.

?

Quote by Erich S View Post
    Thanks Adrian for your kind words. The 1st patterns were given to the original Putsch Veterans and were awarded in 1934. The total 1st patterns awarded was aprox. 1500. My example is number 626 awarded to Franz Fuchs who was a member of the SA Munchen.
    The 2nd patterns were awarded from 1938-42. The 2nd pattern was awarded to those who were jailed, wounded or lost their lives during the "time of struggle" and many Austrians received the 2nd pattern award. The total BO's awarded is about 4200.
    Great information. Thanks
    Beautiful BO's

Thumbs up Re: Eye Candy

Hi Erich

Although I don't collect political awards they both look very desirable. Do you have an idea of how many first patterns survived the last 60 years?

Greetz

Nick VR

Hi Nick, not many most were destroyed by the recipients wanting to make their case as to not being a Nazi. First and second patterns are both pretty rare IMO. No numbers have surfaced as to how many are still out there though.

Yes that's correct Phil, there's a die flaw on all original 1st pattern BO's that may have been carried on in the very early 2nd pattern Orders. Here's a little display I put together and posted on an earlier thread of pieces relating to the Putsch. The period statue is a desk size copy of the Mahnmal at the Feldherrnhalle with the names of the 16 who died during the Putsch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eye Candy  
    Attached Images Attached Images Eye Candy 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast