Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Faithful Service Medal - 25 years Wächtler & Lange

Article about: I felt pretty confident about this one, so I picked this up. Wächtler & Lange 25 yr faithful service award. Box corners are all intact. Thought it was worth the \\$60.

Default Faithful Service Medal - 25 years Wächtler & Lange

I felt pretty confident about this one, so I picked this up. Wächtler & Lange 25 yr faithful service award. Box corners are all intact.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Faithful Service Medal - 25 years Wächtler & Lange
    P
    Many

Yep - nice clean piece. Amazing how many of these
    have survived in mint condition over the last
    70+ years.........
    Regards,

Steve.

A nice set indeed ! A must have for every collection

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very nice example. They must have had a gazillion of these stashed away at wars end given the amount still available at a relatively modest price.

Now onto the 40 & 50 year examples!

Makes me think perhaps it was a keepsake medal for most people. I've gotten service pins from work, I just keep them in their case and stash them away. In 70 years, they'll probably be in more or less unused condition. Not sure if there was more incentive to wear these, but maybe that's the case with them and many families had them stashed away too, long after the war.

JMM
    ?

Nice set!

nice boxed one.

Quote by avenger View Post
    Makes me think perhaps it was a keepsake medal for most people. I've gotten service pins from work, I just keep them in their case and stash them away. In 70 years, they'll probably be in more or less unused condition. Not sure if there was more incentive to wear these, but maybe that's the case with them and many families had them stashed away too, long after the war.
    You may have a point there.

These crosses were awarded to civilians (although a considerable percentage of those wore a uniform of sorts, such as railway and postal personnel), many of whom worked in relatively humble occupations. For many of its recipients, there would have been few occasions to actually wear the full-size decoration.

(Apart from that, given the huge number of personnel becoming eligible for these crosses throughout every year, they must have been produced and kept in stock in very high quantities, which also explains how common unissued ones are.)