Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake or good Krimschild??

Article about: Hi All, Would like some opions on this Krim shield. Is it a good one or not? Any feedback welcome, Thanks in advance.

Default Fake or good Krimschild??

Hi All,

Would like some opions on this Krim shield. Is it a good one or not?

Any feedback welcome,

Thanks in advance.

Fake or good Krimschild??Fake or good Krimschild??Fake or good Krimschild??Fake or good Krimschild??Fake or good Krimschild??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake or good Krimschild??
    P
    Many

Aesthetically speaking it is a bit weak. To be safe, I would buy it as a fake. The sandy tecture.... looks almost cast. But wait for an expert opinion.

Perhaps my eyes are getting dim, but is Sevastopol missing from the map? I can't see a circle where it should be?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Perhaps my eyes are getting dim, but is Sevastopol missing from the map? I can't see a circle where it should be?
    Hi Wagriff,

Pictures don't show it well but in natural light it's there. It looks to be misaligned with only half the circle right on the coast line. Looks bad for this one I think.

Cheers,

Could it just be "worn" from field rubbing? Indention of specific areas are present. But the beak on the eagle sure is odd. Other's are better than me at such pieces, but i am questioning it...

I think it may be o.k. It appears to be a very worn Deumer type 1 with the drooping beak. All originals have a small indented flaw, very slight, on the far right tip of the peninsula, (see highlight below and shield in general for comparisons elsewhere on it). But that may be missing on this example as it's so worn. The paper backing looks good too. This should have a very slight lined pattern up and down, almost like graph paper, and I think I can see signs of it although it's very weak.

Compare closely the shield below with the one above, with allowances for variables such as wear and light, and see what you think.

Fake or good Krimschild??Fake or good Krimschild??

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

still not sure.

Thanks for the info Ned.

Think I may pass on this one and see if I can get my hands on a better one down the track.

Cheers,