Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Fake Mutterehrenkreuz

Article about: by ez1969 I like your first post and I agree Welcome to the forum. Eric x2, welcome.

Default Re: Fake Mutterehrenkreuz

....'Nuff said.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake  Mutterehrenkreuz
    P
    Many

Too many things are wrong, why anyone would go to the trouble of faking such a low cost item beggars belief!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Too many things are wrong, why anyone would go to the trouble of faking such a low cost item beggars belief!!

Nick
    It's easier to push 100 faked lesser awards than one or two supposedly high end items.
    Tom

I read somewhere that a jeweller said he could make convincing copies of most any awards. After the initial time spent on creating the dies/castings, enamalling set up and gilding had been paid for by sales of the award concerned, the ensuing production would be relatively cheap, and everything after that was gravy...

You've only got to look around to see variations of, for instance, fake Mutterkreuz's selling for around 20 bucks (up to 60 for a cased one!) a piece to see it's worth their while.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by talltom View Post
    sorry adrian the seller doesn't want to send any more pictures for some reason i asked him before i posted the first ones

tom
    Hmmm....... I wonder why............

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello Tom,

Please see the attached photograph for comparison...

The example shown is an original, cased gold class medal, awarded to German mothers for bearing eight or more children.

Regards

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake  Mutterehrenkreuz  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hmmm....... I wonder why............
    LoL

thanks for the reply nick it is odd that they fake them i think ill stay away from it if only because no more photos

tom

The fake Mother's Cross as posted is the old exact fake that used to be sold by Delta International of Lafayette, CA, it's in their old catalogs from the 70's & 80's, easy to tell by the too-wide white border, the exact rear engraving that is completely off, & other features as well. It came with a too-wide ribbon which looked silly, I see that someone has removed the goofy ribbon & replaced it with what appears to be an original, in hopes of hawking it to some beginner.

Quote by TriskelSonne View Post
    The fake Mother's Cross as posted is the old exact fake that used to be sold by Delta International of Lafayette, CA, it's in their old catalogs from the 70's & 80's, easy to tell by the too-wide white border, the exact rear engraving that is completely off, & other features as well. It came with a too-wide ribbon which looked silly, I see that someone has removed the goofy ribbon & replaced it with what appears to be an original, in hopes of hawking it to some beginner.
    I like your first post and I agree Welcome to the forum.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast