Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Fakers paradise?

Article about: Anyone else seen this auction lot? Home > Auctions > Hermann Historica > German Orders and Collectibles 1919 ... > Lot 5493

Default Re: Fakers paradise?

How lovely...a box full of tomorrow's "genuine" fakes.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fakers paradise?
    P
    Many

I saw those when i got the catalogue, thought the same, license to print money!

?

Ha, new old stock!

I posted thise story before (some where on thise forum), back in the early 90 ties I ended up with 50.000 dies for mostly Belgian medals and insigna's and button's.
    A dozen TR related (afrika korps pith helmet shields, raylway officer's buckle, Dutch/Flemish Wolfsangle, LW rank V's, and other I don't recall)as the factory had to made them during the occupation!
    I wasn't collecting at that time and sold them to a French speaking Belgian guy who was known for his fake's made in Tschechoslowakia. Along with the machines.
    I had big medal collectors who baught some die's of Belgian medals in order to destroy them, so they said, don't know if it happend.
    I can also tell you the most important die is the female! Some don't even have, or need, a male counterpart.
    I think there a more TR periode die's out there then one could imagine.
    Said it before, and I say it again; it isn't hard to copy anything ...
    And it take's more time and work to make a so called " flaw" in a copy then to make a exact copy.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Well the damage is done. It would be nice if someone could manage to get hold of clear photos of each of these stamps, so we know what is less than worthless in 1st of november 2012.

I am tempted to write something regarding the fakes Mr Winkler brought to a Military show i the US some months ago, these " SS Tuxedo badges", were magical found in a shoebox.. I believe most collectors got their money back when the shijt hit the fan for mr Winkler.- Let it be said, i do not know if he was innocent or not in this latest attempt in hi quality fakes. But the high prices on military objects has ruined the hobby step by step.

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    ................. back in the early 90 ties I ended up with 50.000 dies for mostly Belgian medals and insigna's and button's.
    50.000! You must have used a truck to haul that away!

2 lorry's! It took us a month to empty the building!
    I wanted to see every die my self and try to find out what it represents before moving it and when stacking it at my place...not a easy job if you are not familiar with it!

cheers
    |<ris

To all members:Website is www.hermann-historica.com Its a bit of a pain registering,but you can then access there auctions from i think 2010 prehaps before and after.As for why this lot is on there auction,money,money,money!!

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    2 lorry's! It took us a month to empty the building!
    I wanted to see every die my self and try to find out what it represents before moving it and when stacking it at my place...not a easy job if you are not familiar with it!
    I believe that!
    Surely must be a once-in-a-lifetime occurence!

Quote by Danmark View Post
    The ONLY safe place is in a museum!!
    Is there any way a museum can be contacted to make an offer?
    I tryed with the lot I had.
    They (several Belgian museum's!)where not intrested!
    And much later I did sold something completly different to a museum, .....all i can say is "never again!!" It took very long time and many letters to get my money.
    Code:
    That is terrible .... We better take some classes in metallurgy and carbon dating!!!!
    When the word spreads that the TR die's where sold I was asked by a delegation of the Belgian Royal War museum if they could come visit me.
    I agreed, tought they finaly came to reason and would take the remained die's, they came to my shop to ask for the details of what TR die's were sold ans told me that the alloy of the metal would be the only way to tell fake from good, and didn't even asked for what was left.
    I have been selling them for more or less 10 to 50 euro's a piece, and know that some where offered and sold for 250 and even some 2500€ in a later stage.
    It is indeed all about money!
    |<

- - Updated - -

Quote by Scout View Post
    I believe that!
    Surely must be a once-in-a-lifetime occurence!
    In that amount; yes I think so!
    But as I got deeper in that buisiness i found other stock's still remaining.

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast