Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Fakers paradise?

Article about: Anyone else seen this auction lot? Home > Auctions > Hermann Historica > German Orders and Collectibles 1919 ... > Lot 5493

?

Default Re: Fakers paradise?

I don't have an account with this auction house I am afraid. Hopefully an awards collector will buy them and it wll become part of a display or collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fakers paradise?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    Not saying they are or are not; original periode die's! But I think one should also consider that aspect!
    |<
    Kris is correct, we have no idea if these are genuine dies or from a fakers factory. If anyone can glean more information from HH and some better images it would be appreciated.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Personally, I'd like to see just what kind of "Lion's head and skull" rings are being offered here. The Lion heads in particular sound quite interesting.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Unfortunately, registering with this particular auction house seems to be something akin to taking out a house loan or life insurance. Their registration form when filled out in English garbles up their form so that your last name comes up to Them under your street address instead. I've sent them 4 different emails to correct this, but in response have only received outright rude and insulting sneers from some person named Jörg Wisniewski. From what I've gathered by these blatant insults is that the company does not like Americans and would rather disregard thousands of dollars in potential bids than deal with them. At first, I received a snotty email in poor English saying that I had filled out the registration form wrong and it requested the correct information. He also saw fit to add a note at the end that reads as follows: "After all, we believe that you will not be able to bid live online anyway, because this requires a certain minimum capacity of reading and understanding."
    The Next reply I received from this dear lad was somewhat "less polite than the first". It was in German only and snapped "No, you have not entered the information clearly" and added the facetious sneer "So ganz wissen Sie offenbar nicht, was Sie tun. Aber wir werden ja sehen, ob Sie klarkommen …"
    In my next reply, I actually Emailed them their Own Registration Form link and told them that the form They were showing bore no resemblance to the one I was seeing and that perhaps it looked different when viewed in English-which is a given language option on the page. So far, there's been no reply to that one. They did actually send me a user name ID and a password, but the ridiculous message always comes up that "Your information was either not correct or incomplete", and so is worthless.
    I think that I can safely assume just what kind of outfit this company is and despite having some very fine items for sale, I believe that any further dealings would be a disaster. Their software program apparently has some problems in it and their immediate response is to get condescendingly sneering and outright insulting in their very first response. It almost reminds me strongly of the same attitude encountered from Detlev Niemann back in the day. Some of these German auction companies and sellers are simply outrageous....
    William

?

Haha!

They just voiced what everyone has been thinking for a long time William.

You really do need to improve your "certain minimum capacity of reading and understanding.".

They don't seem to be the kind of people I would want to deal with, has anyone got any experiance of this auction house? Surely if they know they'll attract world wide bidders, they would have a "certain minimum capacity" to deal with such customers?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I was actually seriously interested in the Mölders Diamond Ritter set, but I guess if they don't like 40-60 grand or more in American dollars.....not much I can do about it, I guess. The dies sets in the box, by the way, is showing a 2500 Euro estimate. What a bizarre company....
    William

I used to work for a museum and they couldn't be more helpful when i made enquiries.

Don' forget, auction houses, Set estimates on what previous similar lots have sold for, or deliberately low to entice more bidders, or sometimes what the vendor has set as reserve.

?

Re the aution house response: That is simply beyond rude!
    Way to chase away your customer base.

?

The auction uses uses low estimates to get people interested. I sometimes wonder what some people thinks when they pay so much for an item. Here is what i copied from their page:

The successful bidder is obligated to take and pay for the lot. From then on, he bears all risks, however, until full payment, the lot remains the property of Hermann Historica oHG. Commission charges are 23 % including V.A.T. The V.A.T. is not refundable. Payment is due immediately in cash and in Euro. Checks are only accepted on special arrangement and must cover the total amount due, including all bank charges. The exchange rate indicated by the bank on our statement is the sole basis for settlement. Any overpayment will be credited towards future purchases or refunded upon request. Payment may also be made by the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard. An additional administrative charge of 2.9 % will be added.

And i bet there are other tiny % to be paid. I read something about a fee of 1% of what you have paid in shipping fee, but i cant find it. Also if you are going to have it shipped to your home, Lets take a greedy example: Norway,- then there are a very high % to be paid in custom fee.

Anyway, these numbers are making the purchase at HH a expencive lesson. I feel the ww2 militaria is expencive enough, so i am not going to place any bids. It is better to wait until militaria comes for sale in the Classifieds here, or at the E-stand on the other forum.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast