Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

fallen officer`s badge

Article about: Hi guy`s , what do you think of this piece ? it`s for the wife of a fallen officer , has anyone seen one like it or similar . It has a DRGM stamp on the reverse , cheers Al

?

Default fallen officer`s badge

Hi guy`s , what do you think of this piece ? it`s for the wife of a fallen officer , has anyone seen one like it or similar . It has a DRGM stamp on the reverse ,

cheers Al
    Attached Images Attached Images fallen officer`s badge  fallen officer`s badge 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement fallen officer`s badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: fallen officer`s badge

This is a first for me. Interesting for sure....I'd love to hear more about it....Good luck!

Rob

pjm
    ?

It's a piece of memorial jewelry worn to honor and mourn the individual.

The use of portrait pendants and brooches was very common. Some were made as very small table top frames and were probably intended for a night stand.

They are a personalized the equivalent of "sweet heart jewelry." These turn up in various forms from both WW1 and WW2. Usually, they were worn to signifiy a loved one in military service or otherwise. The frames could be simple or fancy and sometimes had patriotic motifs like an Iron Cross or red, white and black decoration.

If the setting is black, it would imply the wearer is in mourning.

In this case, the black cross background and army motto is used to show the man was killed in action or otherwise died in service.

The portrait pendant shown here is pre-WW1 era and came with other items from the sailor pictured.
    Attached Images Attached Images fallen officer`s badge 

Hal
    ?

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    Hi guy`s , what do you think of this piece ? it`s for the wife of a fallen officer , has anyone seen one like it or similar . It has a DRGM stamp on the reverse ,

cheers Al
    Hi Al, yours is the first I,ve seen. Thanks for showing. Hal

Al,

What a beautiful mourning pin. I have seen others in much simpler form, but never anything like this. Outstanding!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

PJM , thanks for your detailed response , very informative Rob , Hal and Steve thanks for your comments , i liked this piece as soon as i saw it ,

cheers Al

pjm
    ?

A collection could be made just of these. I've had many over the years but mostly ones similar to the pendant posted above and relatively few were mourning versions in black.

This is the most impressive example I've seen as mourning piece.