Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Fallschirmschützenabzeichen legit?

Article about: You will find badges with wreaths and eagles from different dies and companies. Joe will be able to give you more information than I ever will though.

?

You will find badges with wreaths and eagles from different dies and companies. Joe will be able to give you more information than I ever will though.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmschützenabzeichen legit?
    P
    Many

I understood this to be true. Firms would order dies from the same contractors. Unfortunately like all things they will wear out. I knew a fellow who made M1 carbines in Saginaw Michigan. He told me that they would swap all the time with other companies especially inland. They would run out of barrels, and inlamd would send them some in return for stocks and foregrips.

You are right humble with your thoughts,that companies worked together and changed in parts also their components.But the badge have so many red flags imo,that i am not believe in a special combination.

Hi Joe, Thank you! You are correct about this piece. TOO many red flags. I must say the wreath is fine, but the eagle and the uncut swaz raise questions. I have not seen a catch quite this thick either? I have seen catches about a mm thicker than usual just enough to notice a difference. I wonder if it was a post war assembly? If I understand correctly GI's wanted their war "trophy" . They had an insatiable appetite for Nazi items, and things were being thrown together. Take for instance this piece?

The wreath is also not fine....

IMO only a fake with no original parts.

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    You are right humble with your thoughts,that companies worked together and changed in parts also their components.But the badge have so many red flags imo,that i am not believe in a special combination.
    thank you as well for your help on this one.

William Kramer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2