Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen by Assmann

Article about: Hi everyone ,I thought I would start a new thread with some "real close ups" of my new late war "mould 2" Assmann Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen badge that has just arrived f

Default Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen by Assmann L/64

Hi everyone ,I thought I would start a new thread with some "real close ups" of my new late war "mould 2" Assmann Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen badge that has just arrived from Bruce Herman( Grenadier Military Antiques). This(very) late war piece has lost nearly all of it's finish due to the absorption of colour by the zinc base metal, although a "golden tint" can still be seen when angled in the right light! The weight of this badge also seems a touch lighter in hand than earlier badges, probably due to the metal saving "mould" method used. I have tried to show the difference in the thickness in a couple of the images. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen by Assmann   Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen by Assmann  

Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen by Assmann   Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen by Assmann  

Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen by Assmann  
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 05-29-2014 at 08:24 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmshutzenabzeichen by Assmann
    P
    Many

As a toolmaker I especially like the clever way the catch has been moulded Leon. Either with a sliding core or at least a removable one that let the metal flow up and around to form the hook. The other possibility is that the hook was rough formed and then 'coined' with a separate padding tool.
    Probably not done straight then bent over as zinc is not that ductile ....

Whichever way, it is some clever craftsmanship that has sadly been lost in the computer controlled machining 21st century.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Dan ,i see what you mean about the catch when you explain it. Not being the slightest bit"technical" when it comes to the practicallities of producing something like this, i can appreciate the difficulty in getting it right! Leon.

Nice badge Leon. Congrats!

Regards
    Joe

?

Hi Leon,
    It is a nice badge and one of my favorite makers.

Jody

Hi Jody , thanks for your kind words ,as it is a late war piece I liked the double Assmann maker mark, it drew me like a moth to a candle! Leon.

nice one.