Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.

Article about: Hi guys again. I am not really expecting many replies to this one as I don’t think I’ve seen one of these posted on here in the past year. But someone might have one in there collection or a

Default Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.

Hi guys again.
    I am not really expecting many replies to this one as I don’t think I’ve seen one of these posted on here in the past year. But someone might have one in there collection or at lest have information on it in one of your books. I can’t find much information on it myself sorry.
    What i don’t like about it is.
    1/The fact it appears to be made of copper and any of the few examples I,ve seen seem to be made of zinc or aluminium. Could it be early before copper became more valuable else were just like coins when the war started which mostly became zinc.
    2/Its made of two parts and soldered together.
    3/The coarseness of the filed solder around the edge.
    Its been bugging me for a while now. Please let me know what you think, it only cost me £20 so its not a great loss if its a duff.
    Many thanks Rod
    Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.
    Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.
    Last edited by Adrian; 01-22-2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.
    P
    Many

Default Re: RAD female long service

Hi Rod

I am not aware of copper , two piece examples

Here is my old RADwJ to compare

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.  Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: RAD female long service

Thanks Nick do you know what yours is made of.
    I cant spot any differences apart from the different metals.
    Hopefully we will see more.
    Rod

?

Default Re: Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.

Although these badges are faked (as all TR awards are) I think you would be extremely unlucky to find one as these are not the most desireable or valuable medals.
    I don't think it's made of copper as the base metal looks grey around the edges where it's been filed down.
    It is probably made in one part not two and the places where it has been filed is where the seam in the dies left a ridge of flashing, so therefore it was filed away.
    The file marks are quite a good sign. Many awards were hand finished and file marks are an indication of this.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst 4 Jahre.

Thanks Adrian i could see you were working your way down the list.
    You could be right and I certainly hope so, but I must say it looks like oxidized lead based soldered two part copper even the eye of the ring appears to be soldered in two halves .I wonder if anyone else has came across this before fake or original.
    As always thanks
    Rod