Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad?

Article about: Hello all, I'd like to find out whether this RAD medal I have is good or bad. It is fairly heavy and not aluminum. Thanks for any info. Duzig(Bill)

?

Default Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad?

Hello all,
    I'd like to find out whether this RAD medal I have is good or bad. It is fairly heavy and not aluminum. Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad?Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad? Thanks for any info.
    Duzig(Bill)
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-19-2012 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad?

It looks fine to me Bill, average condition with patina. What makes you call it a female medal? Does it have a ribbon bow?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello,
    Adrian, thanks for your reply. I thought it was a female long service medal because I thought that the male version had a spade with swastica as opposed to the one I show. I also ask about originality because I have been told by some that these medals are usually lightweight and this one is not. Again I thank you for your help and info. Also, any idea of value of these items? I know people don't usually like to give values on items because next thing you know it's up for sale but basically I like to know values for myself so that if and when I am no longer around my relatives will have some idea of what these things are worth. Not saying that at some point in time I may not sell some of my items but basically just like to have an idea what my stuff is worth.
    thanks again
    Bill

?

Sorry Bill, I'm being a bit thick, of course you're correct, I had forgotten there was the two versions, does it have a ribbon?

I believe these can be found in heavy and light variations so I still don't have a problem with yours. I would value it roughly between $150-$200 as a ball park figure, the higher end if there is a ribbon.

A nice silver RADwJ !

Does it have a blue bow like my old bronze version?

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad?  Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello there,

An original heavy silver version in my opinion. I believe this would make it an earlier example as typically the light-weight Deumer versions were found on the salesmans' boards at the end of the war.

William Kramer

?

Hello,
    First off, to all thank you for your comments and info. Adrian and Nick, while it did come with a ribbon, it was a regular ribbon and not a bow, and also I believe it was a bogus ribbon, was very stiff and for some reason I just didn't think it was real ribbon. I still have it around somewhere. William thank you for that information, as I said I was under the impression that these were light weight. Didn't know they came in both light weight and heavier versions. I had picked this up years ago and it's just been sitting around. I always had my doubts about it's authenticity so I thank you all for confirming it being real.
    Much thanks to all of you.
    Bill

?

Quote by all1knew View Post
    I believe this would make it an earlier example as typically the light-weight Deumer versions were found on the salesmans' boards at the end of the war.
    When were the salesmans boards put together though?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    When were the salesmans boards put together though?
    good point, but everything I got from a Deumer salesman board (Veteran threw the board away, not myself) was a late-war piece, i.e. zinc or steel.

I will say that Deumer may have just used old stock to create these boards and could have had "leftovers" to add to the boards (sometimes we find a Spanish Cross, but even these are later dating in my opinion)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad?  

I was confused by these as well, i posted one i found, on here a few months ago for piece of mind.
    I wasn’t sure what metals were used for these either.
    My one appears to be made of copper.
    This is probably just one of these makers differences we come across but i notice your wheat beards touch the inner ring of the wreath, is the ribbon ring concaved or flat out of interest.
    Don’t seem to see many of these about.
    Best regards
    Rod

Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad? Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad?
    Female Dienstauszeichnung für den Reichsarbeitsdienst good or bad?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast