Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a few more medals and whatnot

Article about: here are a few more pieces. any comments and questions are appreciated. all items are for sale, or will consider trades for blades i have pictures of each individual piece or can take more

Default a few more medals and whatnot

here are a few more pieces. any comments and questions are appreciated.

all items are for sale,
    or will consider trades for blades

i have pictures of each individual piece
    or can take more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a few more medals and whatnot   a few more medals and whatnot  

a few more medals and whatnot   a few more medals and whatnot  

a few more medals and whatnot  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a few more medals and whatnot
    P
    Many

Default Re: a few more medals and whatnot

I see some nice and rare medals.

Very nice 2nd pattern JFS Bronze CCC

Would need some better photos of the 8 year, but it looks ok.

I think both of the SS 8 year medals are fakes, and more than likely, the SS cap skulls and eagle too.
    For one thing, suspension rings on 8 year medals should be 'teardrop' in shape, not round.

Also, there is no reason for a WWII civil version of the 'War Merit Cross 2nd Class - without swords'
    to have any clasps attached to the ribbon. These bars seem to be from the 1870's era, possibly.

Closer inspection and good, clear photos of each item - front and back - are needed
    to assess originality.
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 08-21-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    there is no reason for a WWII civil version of the 'War Merit Cross 2nd Class - without swords'
    to have any clasps attached to the ribbon. These bars seem to be from the 1870's era, possibly.
    The bars to the KVK II class are actually interwar period (1920-1933) clasps (granted they look very like the 1870-71 clasps for the Franco-Prussian war medal), usually seen affixed to various veterans medals, I can just make out "Somme-schlacht" and "Wilna" (Vilna, WW1 Eastern front battle) on two of them. It is quite probable that a former soldier/veteran who won the TR war merits cross during WW2 to unofficially affix them to his "new" award.

Quote by oradour View Post
    The bars to the KVK II class are actually interwar period (1920-1933) clasps (granted they look very like the 1870-71 clasps for the Franco-Prussian war medal), usually seen affixed to various veterans medals, I can just make out "Somme-schlacht" and "Wilna" (Vilna, WW1 Eastern front battle) on two of them. It is quite probable that a former soldier/veteran who won the TR war merits cross during WW2 to unofficially affix them to his "new" award.
    This is possible, Steve, but if they are actual 'Battle Clasps' from WWI,
    they still should not be on a civil WWII KVK medal.
    Never seen this before at all.

My guess is, they've been added recently - but we need to see them
    in close up............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by oradour View Post
    This is possible, Steve, but if they are actual 'Battle Clasps' from WWI,
    they still should not be attached to a civil WWII KVK medal !

Some people 'end up' with or acquire stuff which they have no idea about,
    and place incorrect ribbons on medals, etc. I have seen this happen.

My guess is, they've been added more recently - but we really need to see them close up !
    Regards,

Steve.

actually all of these are exactly as i got em, i appreciate the info, especially on the merit cross, that is how i learn things.
    here are some close ups of it.
    and some close ups of the cap eagle.
    one of the totenkopfs is actually up in the ss thread with some real close ups.

if anyone else has any opinions on the ss medals i'd love to hear em, if they are definitely fakes i need to know so i can put em in my fake reference collection.
    -sean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a few more medals and whatnot   a few more medals and whatnot  

Hi Sean, a good original eagle!

The bars have certainly been fitted to the KvK in a non regulation fashion.

Cheers, Ade.

the skull on the left looks like a original Deschler, but the one on the right looks like a fake, can you make some close ups?(Zimmermann eagle is a nice original indeed.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast