Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Article about: Hi Its been a long time since I posted on the forum but I am back! Today I visited this new militaria shop local to where I live and purchased a Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, which I'm

Default Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe

Hi

Its been a long time since I posted on the forum but I am back!

Today I visited this new militaria shop local to where I live and purchased a Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe, which I'm pretty sure is correct but I was hoping someone might be able to comment of the manufacturer. I have had a look but have not been able to work it out as yet due to the fact that it is the first time I have branched out into Luftwaffe badges and am a bit lost!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

From what I found doing some searches is it possibly a Juncker made example?

Thanks

Cameron

?

The reverse hardware would lead me to suggest a Juncker but there are variations in the gun/wreath and the eagle and a mixture of all of them so maybe someone with better knowledge of these can identify the particular variant. The gun/wreath is no match for mine which is a transitional piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi

Thanks for the input Adrian, always appreciated. How are you keeping?

Cameron

The eagle matches non of the known Junker types whether transitional, J1, J2 or J3. In fact I can't see it matching any other known Luft Flak badge that is genuine. It does look to be almost a cousin of the 'claw foot' fake eagle that is a fantasy design. IMO the key point here is the position of the legs and feet, can anyone find the same on a genuine Luft Flak badge of any sort??

Here's a fake S&L flak with a similar eagle as above, especially the position of the legs and feet, one directly on top of the other and touching.

Rather strange.....

A typical Juncker eagle, notice the different leg/feet position.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned,

Thanks for the comparison, hopefully not a fake but I will have to wait and see...

Cameron

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi Ned,

Thanks for the comparison, hopefully not a fake but I will have to wait and see...

Cameron
    Hi Cam,

Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all certain about this badge being good or bad, but it certainly confuses me! It's just that the eagle which to me is something unfamiliar, and also the strange catch on a square plate that I've not seen before, make me question it's veracity. But I'm a relative novice when it comes to these particular badges and would be happy to have my concerns allayed by a more experienced eye!

Whatever it is, it's an interesting piece to me, and I would like to learn more.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Here's my Juncker transitional piece which is obviously completely different than Cameron's.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe   Flak-Kampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi guys,

Just had some band news from Wehrmacht Awards, they believe it is a fake example. However I will wait for some more input before going back to the shop, just to make sure.

Thanks for your help though.

Cameron

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Here's my Juncker transitional piece which is obviously completely different than Cameron's.....
    Agreed from the start mate! It's noticable that the eagle is clutching the swastika with it's left foot, which is what appears to me to be the norm for all known makers of the Luft Flak, but on Cam's badge and the fake S&L I've shown above, it's the right foot. This is the detail that I'm finding difficult to resolve, so if anyone can put me out my misery I would appreciate it as after looking around for a while I'm still stumped. Where's Leon when you need him???

Discombobulated, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast