Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, here is another badge I would like to ask you to help me identify if it is original one or not. It is marked by A (Assmann) on the two parts of the badge (on the wing of eagle and o

?

Default Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann - ask for help

Hi guys,
    here is another badge I would like to ask you to help me identify if it is original one or not. It is marked by A (Assmann) on the two parts of the badge (on the wing of eagle and on the main part). But it is suspicious for me how the hinge and catch is attached to the badge. Again any opinion is welcome.
    Mike

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann - ask for helpFlakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann - ask for helpFlakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann - ask for helpFlakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann - ask for help
    P
    Many

?

Hi,
    is there anybody who can help me with this one? Thank you.
    Mike

I don't know why but I think its a very good copy.something is nagging me about it.

I can see nothing wrong with this badge. It appears to be an early version of the zinc Assmann Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen. The reason I think it's early is that it seems to have a thick copper coating under the finish that was not seen on later production badges. The hardware is typical, and the copious amounts of solder required to fix it to the badge often gives the impression that it's been repaired/re soldered at sometime, but it's as was and is not uncommon to see it like this.

Another point of interest here is that if you look carefully the badge is double maker marked, there being another "A" on the reverse of the eagles left wing. This detail is often missed altogether on the fakes. Various other little flaws on the reverse also make me confident that this is a one looker piece.

I'd be happy to own this one, the Assmann design of this award is very attractive compared to some others and is very collectable IMO.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Default Eagle eye

If Ned "Eagle Eye" states good... It's good.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe by Assmann - ask for help  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi, I like the look of this one and the "small A" on the Adler confirms it as good for me, as Ned says, that is a small detail often missed on the fakes. I had to look twice to spot it myself. I see no sign of this being cast and the details are sharp, a nice award. Leon.

?

Hallo Ned and the others,
    thank you for help and I have still a lot to learn. If I get it I will post more pictures of it.
    Mike

Quote by big ned View Post
    I can see nothing wrong with this badge. It appears to be an early version of the zinc Assmann Luftwaffe Flakkampfabzeichen. The reason I think it's early is that it seems to have a thick copper coating under the finish that was not seen on later production badges. The hardware is typical, and the copious amounts of solder required to fix it to the badge often gives the impression that it's been repaired/re soldered at sometime, but it's as was and is not uncommon to see it like this.

Another point of interest here is that if you look carefully the badge is double maker marked, there being another "A" on the reverse of the eagles left wing. This detail is often missed altogether on the fakes. Various other little flaws on the reverse also make me confident that this is a one looker piece.

I'd be happy to own this one, the Assmann design of this award is very attractive compared to some others and is very collectable IMO.

Regards, Ned.
    so it is, and the reason why it is more desirable than other manufacturers , is that this particular manufacturer makes it thicker and heavier ...