Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.

Article about: Have any of you here on the site seen a badge such as this? I refer to the fact that it is unmarked, and the clasp device seems unusual and, it really doesn't seem to trying to be a legitima

Default Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.

Have any of you here on the site seen a badge such as this? I refer to the fact that it is unmarked, and the clasp device seems unusual and, it really doesn't seem to trying to be a legitimate fake.
    I figure it could be a fake easy enough, but also know that some decorations could have been made in country (eastern units perhaps?), or late war thus being substandard. If it's fake that's ok, I paid very little for it.

edit: I would like to remove a pic I've uploaded but can't find how to do so; I can get to/see my uploads but don't seem to find "where" (once a box/pic is checked) I can hit a delete button so; sorry for the duplicate bad pix.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.   Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.  

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.   Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.  

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.   Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.  

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.  
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-29-2015 at 01:43 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe authentication.
    P
    Many

some of your pics are not very clear, so wont help people give you advice about them

Quote by ironcross13 View Post
    some of your pics are not very clear, so wont help people give you advice about them
    They are clear enough to say "if" indeed there were genuine badges made in such a way; that's what I'm asking about. Did they/were there such crude badges made ever.... that's the question. Or is this a simple fake? There are experts on this forum who know the answer to that question so I'm hoping they address my post. If indeed there's reason to hope it's genuine, I'll get busy w/ my camera.

To quote Marc Galasco, author of the definitive book on the subject 'The Flak Badges of the Luftwaffe and Heer', "...some idiot is marking some fakes "800" so you think it is silver. No real Flaks were marked 800. But it helps identify fakes!"

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Bingo Ned.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Perfect! question retired. Mods; you may lock or delete.

Thanks for the responses!

regards, m

was just saying mate sometimes the experts ask for clearer pics
    Martin

Hi, it is indeed a poor fake, I guess by marking them with the "800" that was never an original mark on these awards, the faker hoped to find some mug who took a punt on it being real silver and paid way over the odds for it, instead of the price of a cast piece of junk.
    (PS: I am not referring to you who bought it cheap as a curiosity) Leon.

Yes Leon; indeed. It tests silver (sterling) and that's what I bought it for; silver scrap. I paid $9.00 US for it. I'm in the precious metals/jewelry business and come across all sorts of things of this nature. My store looks like a museum!
    As for the other items, I've posted and got an answer on the sports badge, and will post, (as I've been asked) in a separate thread, my question and pics about the cap device. And yes ironcross13... w/ better pix! lol!

Thanks all!
    mitch

Hi Mitch, $9.00 for a lump of silver sounds like a bargain to me, well done! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast