Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe-flak badge - Good?

Article about: Hello Guys, These are the sellers photos and are quite small. I would appreciate any opinions as to originality and possible maker? Thank you, Bob

Default Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe-flak badge - Good?

Hello Guys,
    These are the sellers photos and are quite small. I would appreciate any opinions as to originality and possible maker? Thank you, Bob

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe-flak badge - Good?Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe-flak badge - Good?
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-13-2016 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe-flak badge - Good?
    P
    Many

I think it's ok. I'm not sure the maker can be nailed down 100%. Stewy

Thanks Stewy, I have seen others with the ball hinge but none of them were named or marked. I am thinking this is a Tombak badge but again, very hard to tell from small pics.

Hi Bob,

A nice original unmarked Luft Flak badge by an unknown maker, these are the largest badges of this type, and the quality is also probably the best as well beating even the Juncker type. They're not rare unless the badge is zinc, otherwise it's either NS or tombak, as this one appears to be. The flat wire catch is a known variant, and has been linked to possibly A.S. or AS in Triangle, but has not been proven although the hardware does point to it being a Gablonz made badge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you Ned, I felt the detail was very sharp and with the condition of the finish I also considered Tombak construction. Thanks for helping me spend my money wisely! Bob

Quote by Combat Boots View Post
    Thank you Ned, I felt the detail was very sharp and with the condition of the finish I also considered Tombak construction. Thanks for helping me spend my money wisely! Bob
    It's a high quality piece and was seriously undervalued at one time, but they may have got up there with the preferred (but in many cases inferior) maker marked badges price wise now, I don't know.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

like it.

A very nice badge and that hardware does point towards an AS made piece, that ball hinge with the flat top is of their type. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    A very nice badge and that hardware does point towards an AS made piece, that ball hinge with the flat top is of their type. Leon.
    As it is of other Gablonz makers like Karneth/Kreisel or MK in Triangle to name a couple more who also used it. It's not that simple, as the actual hardware seems to be generic for the area and was mass produced for use by many makers, therefore you can't tie this badge down to any particular maker until compelling evidence is found... If it ever is.

Regards, Ned.

Hello Gents,

My first Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe or Flak Badge arrived today and to my eyes, it is a real beauty!

The badge is heavy weighing in at almost 1 1/2 ounces by my little postal scale. The patina is perfect and the high points have been highlighted from combat wear (or at least I would like to think so ) The details are very sharp and the eagle has a great look!

Thanks to Ned and Stewy and all of those who gave it their blessing. I had a gut feeling it was good but it's always nice to be confirmed by the experts.

Took lots of pictures and tried to capture all the details to try to pin (no pun intended) down a manufacturer if possible. Enjoy, I know I will!

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe-flak badge - Good? Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe-flak badge - Good?

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe-flak badge - Good? Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe-flak badge - Good?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast