Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem Hobacher

Article about: Hi guys, I am looking to buy this badge, but before that, could you please let me know what do you think about it?, the seller is asking for 190 Euros, do you reckon this is kind of fair?, m

Default Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem Hobacher

Hi guys, I am looking to buy this badge, but before that, could you please let me know what do you think about it?, the seller is asking for 190 Euros, do you reckon this is kind of fair?, many thanks, Juan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem Hobacher   Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem Hobacher  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem Hobacher
    P
    Many

Wink

Anyone please?

It´s a good one, textbook agree by Wilhelm Hobacher - Wien ... nice price too, go for...
    Best Regards,
    Dan

Thanks Dan, just bought it, thanks for your advise, regards, Juan
    Quote by Dan Miller View Post
    It´s a good one, textbook agree by Wilhelm Hobacher - Wien ... nice price too, go for...
    Best Regards,
    Dan

Hi guys, is this maker for this badge type a rare one, read that this is a scarce variation to obtain?

Original badge and at an attractive price, although I would like to see some better shots of the catch area as it may or may not have been repaired, the soldering on these is notoriously sloppy. That point needs quantifying first, but if it's good then yeah, go for it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned, appreciate your comments, send you a close up, hope it s good enough
    Quote by big ned View Post
    Original badge and at an attractive price, although I would like to see some better shots of the catch area as it may or may not have been repaired, the soldering on these is notoriously sloppy. That point needs quantifying first, but if it's good then yeah, go for it.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem Hobacher   Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem Hobacher  

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the new pic's, it explains the cheap asking price as this is a replaced catch. It should be a tombak "?" shaped one or less likely, a flat wired tombak catch that was fitted to a small round plate and is normally seen on the semi hollow Hobacher zinc Luft Flak but could be an interchangeable variation if necessary. These are shown below.

Flakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem HobacherFlakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem HobacherFlakkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe Wilhlem Hobacher

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned, as usual spot on, this badge I bought it already sometime ago, got it for 180 Euros gosh, that "?" shaped catch looks highly fragile, guess these broke very easily and thus the reason why mine is replaced?, just guessing

Quote by jamoros View Post
    Thanks Ned, as usual spot on, this badge I bought it already sometime ago, got it for 180 Euros gosh, that "?" shaped catch looks highly fragile, guess these broke very easily and thus the reason why mine is replaced?, just guessing
    They're generally pretty sturdy, typical on the early war badges of all types, especially tombak ones. But of course they can and did break off from day to day wear and in the field as well, so it's not at all uncommon as we see here every day someone posting awards with replaced hardware.

It's interesting to note that some late war manufactured badges that used the "?" hook tried crimping them in, but this often didn't work very well and we see cases of factory repaired badges where the catch has been soldered in over the crimp marks to ensure a secure fit.